“Have confidence!” is one of the most essential pieces of advice you’ll receive in life that makes no sense if you’ve never done it. You know what confident people look like, the advantages they get, and that it’s something worth emulating. How do you get there, though?
Here are few ways in which you can become more confident
- Smile. Not only will it brighten your day, but it will make others around you smile, too.
- At the end of each day write down something you think you did well. e.g. I encouraged a girl who was being shy at work today.
- Listen to songs that make you happy, not ones that make you want too, shut yourself off from the world and cry all by yourself in your room.
- Believe that you’re in a confidence bubble. Kind of like, you’re wearing an invisibility coat.
- Love what you wear. When you look good, it changes the way you feel. This will make you confident while being in public.
- Walk with purpose. Walk like you have got somewhere to be.
- Make eye contact with the person you’re talking too or are taking.
- Next time you’re at a party meet someone new. The person in the corner all by themselves looks like a good person to start with.
- Clear out the clutter in your life. A messy room equals a messy mind.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Focusing on your positive qualities, rather than comparing yourself to others, is a great way to boost self-confidence.