Daily Dose of Inspiration – Live in the Moment

We’ve all heard of the saying “Stop and smell the roses” but when was the last time you did that? When was the last time you were “living in the moment”? Don’t feel bad if you don’t remember. It’s a simple gift that we tend to overlook. But now since we are aware, let’s be attentive in the breath right now, in the wind blowing, the noise of the rain, the quiet..

Maybe it’s been awhile since you’ve really stopped to enjoy each moment and realizing that your moment and experiences make up your life. There’s too much worrying and thinking. You may think “When I get a new job I can enjoy life more.” or “When I have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse, I will feel so much happier.” or “When I make more money, life will be great”. Maybe you can’t remember the last time  you had your moment. Don’t feel bad.

Be Happy Today, Be Aware Now. You will find all the answers in the silence of your mind.

Peace to All

1. kiranmag says:

You have struck the right chord in the first paragraph itself …no one has asked me such a question before …I had smelt tiny droplets of rose water in a marriage function

2. tubularsock says:

Excellent! We ALL LIVE IN THE MOMENT! That is all we have. And as you say we just have awake to NOW.
    Oh! Hold it! Tubularsock just got a text!

1. Hahahaha…Tubularsock is being in the moment and reading the text :):)

3. jeffw5382 says:

I love this, every quote, tip, encouragement, related experience is interesting to me. Personally, I think, It is something that one can continually be better at. And I don’t think it can be accurately described. I don’t think someone can tell another how it is to be done. I am reminded of the story of the sage pointing to the moon and the fool looking at his finger. I am not even sure I’m doing it, I want to and try, though.

1. We are all a work in progress. Being in the moment for me means listening to the silence is chaos, it brings me clarity. Try to find out what works for you and do share your thoughts so that others can be helped.
      Best to you

1. I am glad you agree. Let’s not let the present moment slip by!! 🙂

4. I often felt this way, but have been reading the book called “The Subtile Art of Not Giving a F@!k” and talks a lot about what you mention. After leaving a high paying job in IT management and full benefits to work for family to co-manage a busy convenience store, I now realize you have to live in the moment no matter what your dreams, aspirations or desires are.

Great words, blog on….

– Randy

1. Excellent example of how to follow your dreams. Thank you for sharing and inspiring others. Good luck to you!

5. Andrei says:

I absolutely agree with your views on this post! To be fully one with the experience in this moment doesn’t cost anything. And it will change your life forever. The more you notice and pay attention, the more you appreciate, and the more you come alive 🙂
    Enjoy and live the present moment, for to each of us tomorrow is not promised.

1. Silence is everything, it contains all the secrets. Concentrate on silence few minutes every day and see the difference

1. Andrei says:

I agree! I’ve written about that too on my post https://viewpointsofandrei.com/2017/01/03/everything-changes-what-doesnt
        Thought you might want to read when you got the time 🙂

2. Thank you! I will definitely read it

3. Andrei says:

Thank you! 🙂

6. lotteopena says:

Love your daily dose of inspo! Keep writing, keep inspiring 😊

1. Thank you. I am glad you are liking them posts.

7. I don’t think it could have been described better than this! 😀

1. Aww thank you :):) It’s always a pleasure to meet like minded people 🙂 Thanks for stopping by.
      Bets to you

8. The ‘Now’ is great, but cookies are indeed a delicious alternative 🙂 Some great inspiration here – thanks for sharing! Blessings, Harula xx

1. Hahaha…you are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.
      Best to you

9. shope9365 says:

GREAT! 🤗☺🌺💐☺

10. Thanks for the like. Looks as if we think pretty much alike. btw, Cookie Monster has it right!

11. Neverlander says:

Living in the moment is surely the only

1. Neverlander says:

Way to attain peace. Thankyou for sharing such wise words.

1. I am glad you liked them. Most welcome.

12. Joonas Kopponen says:

I am really enjoying your blog, have not read all of it yet though, slowly-ish and surely will. Has helped already to focus on what I have learned about what truly matters. Keep up the good work!