Daily Dose of Inspiration – Willpower

A person can be talented, bright and educated, however, without strong willpower and self-discipline, he or she will not accomplish much.

Burning desire is more than a wish or a want or a dream. Wishes, wants and dreams typically come from us, the human individual. Burning desire is something that comes from our spirit. It is as if our Higher Self is compelling us toward something. Burning desire is what animates our purpose and our values. Not necessarily what drives us toward getting a new pair of shoes…unless that pair of shoes stands for independence, achievement or confidence.

When your purpose is animated by burning desire, it does not mean that the path becomes easy; it just means that it becomes certain. Burning desire ensures that you will continue trying, continue getting up after a failure, continue being creative and continue your commitment to see your purpose through. In that there is certainty.

1. Dragthepen says:

I do have the discipline and the will power to reclaim my health. I can do this.

2. wow…..
    this is beautiful..
    wonderful……..
    powerful….
    and soooo sweet…..i like it….

checkout my latest poms @ https://kingstefanwritingzone.wordpress.com then on the menu bar click POETRY…

3. Yes, we can. Yes, we can. As always, beyond motivating and inspiring.

1. Thank you! Glad you liked it

4. Ben Naga says:

Is it not that there is an essential distinction between that desire which is ego-based and that which is universal, and is it not that is essential to recognise that and act accordingly?

1. It is by all means. Before setting our will power on a desire, we need to mediate on it and think who will benefit from it. Are we taking something from another person or from the universe bank? If it’s from another person then it is wrong.

1. Ben Naga says:

I am sure this your position but I felt your post could easily be misunderstood without the caveat. 🙂

5. gpavants says:

Hi Empress,

Pow! That was right on the money! Passion for your dreams can keep you going when the work is long and laborious. Thanks for the reminder. Hope you got fire to keep going.

Gary

6. findingmaj says:

Hi. Great post. Are you happy for me to reblog?

7. The Triumph In Me says:

Reblogged this on THARISSE…The Triumph In Me and commented:
    This is great stuff!

8. lefreakestchiccc says:

Thanks for this 🙂 I was used to getting straight A’s growing up so am still stuck in a perfectionist mindset. Self-discipline is important.

9. three4shaari says:

Good evening empress2inspire, thank you for liking my Karma & Love post on lotus4me.blog > I really appreciate the visit. Also I’d like to say in regards to your line, “It is as if our Higher Self is compelling us toward something.” I live this daily … even as the decision of salad or ‘other’ for lunch comes into play, my Higher Self does not take a rest, never! I couldn’t be more grateful for that voice and I’m glad you said so too; “… it just means that it becomes certain. “.