The Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is defined and described as a clinical procedure for the relief of psychological and physical distress. Frequently referred to as “tapping,” this technique combines the cognitive reprocessing benefits of exposure and acceptance therapy with the energetic disturbance releases associated with acupuncture and other energy therapies.
To simplify, EFT technique is design to change the references held in the subconscious that result in problems in all areas of life. Here are the 5 steps of EFT :
- Aim – Notice how you know you have the problem. You don’t need to know what the emotions or feelings are, just notice how you know they’re there. What do you feel? Where in the body do you feel it? What do you see or hear? How do you know it’s a problem?
- Tap – Use two fingers to tap the following points, while focusing on the feeling of your fingers on your skin: between your eyebrows, beside your eye, under your eye, just below your collarbone. While you are tapping, say “Let it go”. You can also add “It’s safe to let it go.” Note : It doesn’t matter which side you tap, you can do either side, or both if you like.
- Peace – Grab your wrist, take a deep breath, blow it out, and say “peace” – and go to a peaceful memory for a moment.
- Check – Go back to your problem and take notice of how it’s changed. Do you feel different? Is the intensity of the feeling different? Does the memory look or sound different? Just notice.
- Repeat – Repeat steps two to four until the feeling or memory has “flipped” in other words, the negative feeling has been replaced by a positive feeling.
Reference : https://fastereft.com