Banana is one of the oldest cultivated plant. Fruits and vegetables are an important component of a healthy diet. Some fruits like bananas offer
great medical benefits. This is partly because bananas aid in the body’s retention of calcium, nitrogen, and phosphorus, all of which work to
build healthy and regenerated tissues.
Bananas are one of the few fruits that ulcer patients can safely
consume. Bananas neutralize the acidity of gastric juices, thereby reducing ulcer irritation by coating the lining of the stomach. Not only can
bananas relieve painful ulcer systems, and other intestinal disorders, they can also promote healing. Here are some of the benefits of banana:
- Allergy – Bananas consists of only beneficent amino-acid which are not allergic in majority of cases.
- Anemia – As banana are highly rich in iron content, they are much beneficial in the anemia treatment.
- Boost Energy – Sugars like sucrose, fructose and glucose present in bananas will provide an instant energy to the consumers.
- Constipation & Diarrhoea – In general bananas are given as a remedy in the diarrhoea and constipation cases. This is because they can normalise the bowel function.
- Dysentery – Bananas effectively work for dysentery. Ripe bananas, which are mashed and processed to cream is very effective in the dysentery treatment on children.
- Hangover – Banana milkshake together with little bit of honey is a very good remedy for hangover. It soothes your tummy, together with milk, it rehydrates your system.
- Helps to Stop Smoking – The nutrients like potassium, vitamins and magnesium that are present in banana take out the nicotine from the body.
- Improves Mood – An amino acid called Tryptophan present in banana helps in the serotonin production. Serotonin hormone is very well known to enhance the mood as well as overcome bad mood.
- Intestine Disorder – Banana are very good for intestinal disorders as it is easily digested. As bananas are so soft and easy to digest, they can help in the process of healing and acute symptoms.
- Improve Brain Function & Keep Alertness – Potassium available in the banana helps in developing the brain function as well as keep alertness.
- Kidney Disorders – As bananas consists of rich carbohydrates content and low protein amount, they are so useful in kidney disorder.
- Menstrual Disorders – Cooked banana flower along with curd is a very good remedy for menstrual disorders. Banana flower raises a hormone called progesterone which can reduce the bleeding.
- Over Weight – Bananas together with skim milk is a very good medicine to reduce your weight.
- Reduce the Risk for Heart Disease – Potassium in banana maintains the body fluids and electrolytes balance in the cells and helps in BP control, thus reduces the risk of heart stroke and attack.
- Urinary Disorders – Juice taken out from banana stem is an effective medicine for urinary disorders. Banana improve the liver and kidney function which reduces the pain and irritation in it. It is even helpful in eliminating stones in prostate and kidney.
- Good for Blood – Vitamin B6 in bananas is useful in the haemoglobin and antibodies development in the blood.
- Healthy Bones – Potassium present in bananas helps in reducing he risk of osteoporosis by reducing the calcium deficiency, bananas also consists of a special compound known oligosaccharide, which encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Nervous System – Potassium in bananas can help in preventing strokes. Regular banana eating reduces the risk of deaths by stroke by about 40%.
- Ulcers – Bananas consists of an anti acid effect which can soothe the belly and ease stomach-burns.
- Eyesight – Regular consumption of bananas or other fruits can prevent the macular degeneration development which is responsible for the loss of vision in most adults.
The banana is of great nutritional value. It has a rare combination of energy value, tissue-building elements, protein, vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of calories since it is rich in solids and low in water content as compared to any other fresh fruit.