The Lemon Cleanse and Salt Water Flush are two components of the popular Master Cleanse or Lemonade Diet. During this fast, you eliminate solid food from your diet for an average of four to 14 days. Not only is the plan intended to remove toxins from your body, but also help you drop weight, since you are consuming a very low number of calories.
A salt water flush therapy is most effective if you perform it first thing in the morning an empty stomach. No matter when you do it, make sure you haven’t eaten anything in the past 1-2 hours. Here is what you will need and how you prepare the recipe :
Ingredients – 2 tsp of salt, 1 litre hot filtered water, fresh lemon juice.
- Heat water more than room temperature but not to a boil.
- Add your ingredients to jar and put the lid on. Shake it vigorously to fully dissolve the salt. Make sure no granules are visible.
- Drink the mixture quickly, within a few minutes if possible.
- Lay down on your side and massage your belly on one side, then repeat on the other side. If you can manage to hold in the solution for about 30 minutes this will help your body fully absorb the salt.
- Within a short time after finishing the mixture you should start to feel the urge to go to the bathroom. Once you feel you can no longer hold out, go to the bathroom. You might have to go more than once, sometimes needing to use the bathroom for several hours before you’re fully “cleansed” and your colon is emptied.
The Salt Water Flush portion of the diet is meant to stimulate your bowels and remove toxins from the intestinal tract. Mostly liquid is expelled, since the salt water cannot be digested. The Lemon Cleanse mixture is intended to curb hunger and keep you well hydrated.