Water is essential for life. From the time that primeval species ventured from the oceans to live on land, a major key to survival has been prevention of dehydration. Adequate fluid intake and homeostasis of total body water is essential for human health and survival, including maintaining brain function.
It is important to know the signs and symptoms of dehydration. Here are some subtle signs :
- Headaches : Feeling lightheaded and having headaches are signs that your body needs water. When your body’s hydration levels drop, it prompts to a lessened measure of liquid encompassing your mind, which shields it from gentle knocks and development.
- Poor Concentration : Lack of hydration can also cause difficulty in focusing, forgetting things easily and troubles in communication.
- Dry Mouth & Bad Breath : Having a bad breath is another sign that your body needs water. Because of the absence of water, your body creates less spit, which contains antibacterial properties. This prompts to having bacteria in the mouth, bringing about bad breath.
- Constipation : When you lose a lot of liquids because of vomiting or diarrhea, the stool can become harder and you can be constipated. The absence of water in the body can even bring about acid reflux and heartburn.
- Food Cravings : Whenever you have sudden cravings, drink a glass of water before eating something. Whenever dried out, your body sends false flags that you are hungry, when really you are thirsty.
- Reduced Urination : When you are not utilizing the restroom at regular intervals, your body is likely deficient. A sound measure of water admission results in urinating 4-7 times each day. As your body discharges poisons through pee, not urinating at normal interims can be dangerous.
- Lethargy & Fatigue : When you are feeling lethargic and exhausted, it can be because of dehydration. The absence of water causes low circulatory strain and insufficient oxygen supply all through the body. The absence of oxygen causes lethargy and a lazy feeling.
- Muscle & Joint Pain : Water is an imperative segment of solid joints and ligament because they contain around 80% of it. At the point when your body needs water, your bones begin pounding against each other, creating pain in the joints.
- Dry Skin & Lips : Another sign that your body needs water is dry skin. The skin is the body’s biggest organ, and it requires a decent measure of liquids to stay in great condition. Another undeniable indication of lack of hydration is chapped dry lips.
Dehydration is cured and prevented primarily by drinking water but other beverages such as energy drinks and juice will work too. Your body can only process a liter of water per hour, so it is important to drink small amounts regularly to keep your body adequately hydrated.