Common Intermittent Fasting Methods

Intermittent fasting – it is definitely one of the fastest (no pun intended) growing nutrition topics right now. I don’t think intermittent fasting is a quick-fix for all your diet woes, but I do think it’s a great method that can be sustained long term for many individuals. You can definitely use intermittent fasting as a lifestyle approach for nutrition, health, performance, and body composition goals.Intermittent fasting – it is definitely one of the fastest (no pun intended) growing nutrition topics right now.

Here are common intermittent fasting methods :

• 16/8 Method : This is the most common method. It involves fasting for 16 hours and feeding for 8 hours during the day. For example, skipping breakfast and eating during an 8-hour stretch which would could be between 12 and 8pm. You stop eating after 8pm till the 12pm the next day.
  • Eat-Stop-Eat Method – This is a twice a week method. It involves fasting for 24 hours, once or twice a week. For example, eating lunch and not eating anything for the rest of the day until lunch the next day.
  • Alternate Day Fasting – This can be done every other day. It involves alternate-Day fasting means fasting every other day. You are allowed ro eat a few hundred calories on fasting days.
  • Warrior Diet – This involves eating small amounts of raw fruits and vegetables during the day, then eating one huge meal at night.
  • The 5:2 Diet – This can be done twice a week. Allow you to eat only 500-500 calories on twice a week while you eat the normal number of calories the rest of the week.

Please keep in mind, no method/nutrition approach will produce the results you want if you’re constantly stressed out and miserable. You need to find a method you enjoy and that you can sustain long term.

1. inhiscare753 says:

Very informative, thanks for sharing.

2. hmaxwell217 says:

Has any of you ever tried any of these fast

3. Sergio Reza says:

Reblogged this on Sergio Reza.

1. PB says:

Thank you for the reblog.

1. Sergio Reza says:

You´re welcome. It´s a good article and I´m interested in the topic. Keep doing it.

2. PB says:

Thank you for motivating. Will keep on posting.

1. PB says:

Thank you. I am glad you found it worth reading. Have you tried any of the fasting methods before?

1. Dragthepen says:

Yes. Every monday I do Water fast. Friday’s I fast from sun up to sun down. From time to time I do a three day fruit, wster and rwa veggie cleanse.

2. PB says:

This is good information. I will try this myself. Thank you for sharing. God Bless You.

4. I really haven’t used fasting much, but your discussion is interesting.

1. PB says:

Fasting should be done at least once a week as a detox.

5. Cool stuff, I was only familiar with the 16/8 method and it’s been working quite well for me!

Starvation literally means starvation. It doesn’t mean skipping a meal or not eating for 24 hours. Or not eating for three days even. The belief that meal skipping or short-term fasting causes “starvation mode” is so completely ridiculous and absurd that it makes me want to jump out the window.

1. No kidding. I fast all the time and I’m alive and well. 🙂

🙌🏼🙌🏼

6. Thank you so much pertaining to giving my family an update
    on this topic on your web page. Please realise that if a brand-new
    post becomes available or when any changes occur on the current article,
    I would want to consider reading more and focusing on how to make good using
    of those approaches you reveal. Thanks for your time and consideration of
    other individuals by making this blog available.