The main objective of the meditative experience is to shift the focus of the mind away from the frenzied thoughts of everyday living, such as worries about work, family, finances, or simply the “to-do list” of the day. Meditation involves trying to train your thoughts to stay in the present moment, because in the present moment there is true peace.
Personal experience with meditation is required in order to accurately and sincerely communicate expected benefits. Here are some of the meditation types and their benefits for you.
- Guided Meditation – A relaxing meditation where someone guides your body and mind into deep relaxation through mental imagery and spoken word. Its benefits include profoundly deep relaxation which helps effect positive personal changes like curing negativity, fear or stress.
- Mindful – Focused attention and awareness on the present moment by watching your natural breath and natural occurring thoughts. Its benefits are that it is a key element to creating happiness and acceptance of self in the present moment without judgement.
- Mantra – A word or series of words repeated over and over and over again, silently or loud. The benefits of mantra are that it reduces anxiety and depression while boosting immunity and is soothing all at the same time.
- Energy – A combination of specific breathing patterns and specific visualisations practiced simultaneously. The benefits are that increases physical energy quickly along with the subtle energy bodies to increase ones life-force vibration.
- Kundalini – A powerful form of meditation combining Mantra and Mudra (hand position) and sometimes movement. Its benefits are that it revitalizes and purifies the nervous system while rejuvenating the brain & body therefore enhancing consciousness and releasing self destructive behaviours and addictions.
- Breathing – Yoga breathing techniques repeated over and over often including words or numbers to assist. It creates a calm, clear and spacious mind which results in physical rejuvenation and a peaceful outlook.
Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health. And these benefits don’t end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day and improve certain medical conditions.