Scores of us suffer from hyper pigmentation these days, a common and distressing skin condition marked by the presence of uneven dark patches in an otherwise even skin tone. That dark spot, scar or dull patch is inevitable especially with sun becoming harsher day by day.
Here are some of the natural ways in which we can manage hyper pigmentation :
- Lemon – Known for it’s amazing anti bacterial properties, lemon is excellent for lightening dark skin spots. Use neat on the skin or mix with natural yogurt. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Potato – Potato is great for healing all manner of skin complaints. Recently, potato peel has been medically proven to help heal burns. You can use the juice of a potato or slices of potato to lighten the skin.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is one of natures finest natural skin remedies. it has been used for thousands of years to heal skin complaints. Apply freshly squeezed aloe vera to darker pigmentation.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is another ancient natural remedy. It is regarded as one of the natures best anti-inflammatories. Great for joint pain, and a possible cancer preventative. Mix turmeric powder with yogurt and apply to the skin.
- Avocado – Avocado are a source of vitamin B6 and vitamin E, which are great for the skin. Avocado also contain a natural anti-inflammatory called lutein. To use avocado, blend them in a food processor to a smooth paste and apply to the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is amazing stuff. Try and use organic if you can get it. Apply to darker spots on the skin with a cotton pad. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has recently become the latest craze in natural remedies, and with good reason. Coconut oil contains vitamins E and C, and lauric acid, which are all excellent for the skin.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda can be used as a natural skin lightener. Just mix some baking soda with a small amount of water and apply to the skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Sugar – Sugar can be used as an excellent exfoliator for hyper-pigmentation. Add 1/4 cup of sugar to 1/2 cup of almond oil. Add 1tsp of lemon juice for a great DIY exfoliator.
- Yogurt – Natural plain yogurt is an excellent skin brightener as it contains lactic acid. Use it as a base with other ingredients or simply use it on its own.
Apart from creams and lotions, hyper-pigmentation can also be treated by special skin treatments such as Diamond polishing, Beauty light oxygen therapy; Vitamin C serum oxygen jetting and oxygen clear face therapy. These treatments give excellent results and make the skin fairer.