For years, I wanted to wake up early. It seems almost all successful people get going before sunrise, and I wanted to be one of them. But when my morning alarm would go off, all the good intentions in the world couldn’t pull me out of bed. With a little willpower though I was able to learn the art of getting up early.
Here are a few simple steps that you can try to wake up early (if you want to :P)
- Get 7-8 hours of Quality Sleep – Sleep is not only the foundation of your health, if you’re not rested, waking up will be near to impossible.
- Set Out Everything The Night Before – Set out workout clothes, write a to-do list, put your bag together.
- Visualise The Morning You Want – Imagine waking up energized for the day and popping straight out of bed.
- Optimize Your Alarms – Get a new alarm and put it across the room.
- Smile First Thing – Fake it till you make it, baby!
- Head Straight to the Bathroom – Develop the muscle memory so that the minute you turn off the alarm, you head straight to the bathroom instead of back to bed.
- Drink a Glass of Water & Brush Teeth – This will wake up your body and get you going for the day.
After you wake up early, the challenge is to stay up. Maybe you’ll love to relax and sip your coffee. But for me, getting too comfortable is dangerous. Take Care.