Wake Up the Right Way

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
—Benjamin Franklin

Here is the right way to get up from the bed in the morning. Follow these steps for a healthy start.

• Roll To Your Right – When you wake up, roll to your right side and get out of bed because at a lower level of metabolic activity, if you suddenly roll to your left, you will put pressure on your cardiac system
  • Rub Your Hands Together – Before you get up in the morning, rub your hands together and place your palms upon your eyes. Rubbing your palms together activates all the nerve endings and the system comes awake immediately.
  • Smile – Get up in the morning and smile! At whom? No one! Because just the fact that you woke up is not a small thing. So many million of people who slept last night did not wake up today, but you and me woke up. Isn’t it great? So smile.

Thats it. Just three simple steps to a healthier and gratitude filled morning.

Please do if you like them. If the first thing you do when you wake up is check your smartphone for messages or work email, you are doing yourself a disservice. You are immediately cultivating a reactive mindset, instead of a proactive one, which will cause you to start your day in a defensive state, rather than a place of inner peace and control.
      Instead, try remaining detached from technology for the first hour of your day so you can begin your day with present-moment awareness and a positive focus. Thank you for stopping by.

1. Will sure do .thank you..🥰

1. Following a ritual in the morning makes a world of difference in the quality of the entire day!

Yes I agree with you Pooja. Tim Ferriss, author and podcast host (The Tim Ferriss Show) has interviewed more than a hundred highly successful people with diverse backgrounds and skillsets, and in a variety of industries. He always asks, “What’s your morning routine?” Along the way, he has collected five habits that he has incorporated into his morning routine, and one of them is making his bed. Imagine such a simple habit to change your day.

2. I also like to get in a good stretch before getting out of bed. That way I know everything is working before my feet hit the floor.

Hahahha. Thank you for a nice tip Dianne.

3. inhiscare753 says:

Another insightful post full of health nuggets to improve life. 🤗

Thank you. I am glad you liked it. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle

1. inhiscare753 says:

You are welcome. Thanks for sharing.

4. Hargun Wahi says:

Great one! I’ll surely try to implement this. Thanks for sharing 🙂

I am glad you liked them Hargun.

The morning routine sets the tone of your day. No matter how shitty yesterday was or how much you have to do today, the morning routine is your daily constant— your totally 100% selfish ritual. It’s the time that you allocate towards yourself, everyday, no matter what. It keeps you sane. Thank you for stopping by today.

5. True that. That last one especially, holds true. Gratitude, at the end of it. Totally matters.

I’ll try tomorrow morning 🙂

Please do Manohar and tell me if it makes a difference. Your feedback is most valuable. Many of the world’s most successful people all have some form of a morning routine that involves some level of exercise, deep work, meditation or learning. Regardless of what they do, it’s important to know your own values and goals to come up with something that suits you. Thank you for stopping bye

1. I tried this morning. Moving to the right, and then rubbing the palm and putting it on eyes. Refreshing. Will keep it as a habit.

Thanks , once again for sharing such things.

Glad to know that Manohar.

6. busker boy says:

A lovely, useful post – thank you! 😎

Glad you liked it. Thank you for stopping by.

7. kingmat01 says:

Sounds intriguing though hard to follow up each morning

Try some and see if you like them 🙂

8. TheFuckBoy says:

I’ll make sure to try that tomorrow 🙂

When you form healthy habitual behaviors for the morning, you set your day up for success. Whether you are aware of them or not, you operate under habits (both good and bad) all the time—they are an integral part of your daily existence. Part of developing a healthy habit, is to become intentional with it. Most habits are formed because they are easy or along the path of least resistance. If you want to cultivate positive habits, then you may need to put some intentional effort into forming them until they become second nature.

9. charlypriest says:

Liked very much the quote, I just saved it. Benji was certainly a wise man…he was president so he couldn’t be no dummy.

Yes Charly, he is my favourite. He was a learned man.

10. Lizzy'sWritings says:

Sounds good. This will become a new morning routine for me.

I am glad you liked them Lizzy. In the morning, the willpower of highly successful people is fresh and ready to go. So, this is the best time to take advantage of it do your hardest task, your “frog” first. Choose your “frog” of the day only one and stick to completing it before you even get to eat breakfast. Thank you for stopping by.

11. Anand Bose says:

very interesting and informative ….Yes I am going to try it out. Anand Bose from Kerala

Thank you Anand. I am glad you liked them. There are two types of people in the world: those who wake up ready to take on the world, and the rest of us who would rather take on our alarm clocks. Do you wake up feeling energetic and excited about the day ahead, or do you wish you could just go back to sleep for the rest of the day? Mornings are difficult for many people, but handling them effectively can be crucial to getting your day started right. Good morning routines can create a bedrock of stability in your life, which is vital no matter who you are or what you are up against. Thank you for stopping by again.

12. LesleighHart says:

When I read smile it made me smile. I am going to incorporate that I into my day. 🙂

Hahah I am glad it did. This is the simplest thing to do. One smile can trick your mind into feeling happier. When you smile, your body releases endorphins and serotonin, which make you feel good. Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

13. ಅಂತರ್ಮುಖಿ says:

Yes ofcrs i used to wake up from my left in urgency, but my dad always used to scoled me fr doing that,

Thanks fr reminding this again

You are most welcome. I am glad you liked the post. Thank you for stopping by.

14. KRITIKA says:

Thank you. Need to follow this routine.👍
    Thank you for such amazing tips. 😊

Glad you liked them Kritika. While a great morning moment can feel pretty magical, there’s more to the perfectly productive day than mystical forces at work. A morning routine that leads to productivity is in fact a science that you can implement in your own life. Let me know which ones worked for you 🙂

1. KRITIKA says:

For sure will do. 👍

15. Amy Marcoux says:

Interesting I will try!

Thank you Amy. Let me know which one worked for you. A good morning routine can really set the productivity tone for the rest of the day. Some days you’re dialed into every detail: cooking a big breakfast, experimenting with new hairstyles, trying to meditate.
      Other day, well, you shirk routine and slip into the office through the backdoor with yesterday’s shirt on and a breath of fresh air for breakfast. It happens. Thank you for stopping by today’s

16. So simple but effective tips !!! Thanks for sharing 😊😊

I am glad you liked them Smita. In India specially people tend to wake up earlier. Waking up at 5 a.m. certainly gives you a lot of extra quiet hours to get things done, but if your normal wake-up time is 8:30 a.m., you won’t succeed at waking up at 5 a.m. right away. Thank you for stopping by today.

17. khobdy says:

Mine
    Get up..
    Brush teeth..
    Glass of water..
    Shower..
    Stretch ..

I like yours..I will add smile and warm hands to eyes as also. Peace friend.

Hahahah yes gratitude is a great way to start the day. It gives peace of mind.

18. lindamowles says:

Very engaging post. Thanks for the thoughts. I completely agree with gratitude. I usually start, before getting out of bed by thanking the Lord for the gift of a new day. Blessings to you. And, thanks for stopping by The Ruminant Scribe. I appreciated your visit.

Thank you for stopping by and returning the favour. First thing in the morning, when you first open your eyes, or realize that you’re awake, list three things to yourself that you feel grateful for. That’s it. That’s all you have to do to change your attitude for the better. Because you’re priming your brain with positive information at the very start of your day, and placing your attention on the good in your life rather than the bad, you are gently reprogramming your brain to have a more upbeat world view.

19. Shaily Agrawal says:

Wonderful advice Beautifully presented

I am glad you liked it Shaily. Let’s face it: Unless you have another hour or 2 to sleep, hitting the snooze button won’t really help you feel less tired. But there’s another reason to get up when you first hear that annoying beep. When you get up and go to bed at the same time every day, you’ll keep your body’s internal clock in sync. That makes you more alert in the morning, and sleepy when it’s time to call it a night. Thank you for stopping by.

1. Shaily Agrawal says:

Thank you, Garima! You caught me there! 😀

Hahahha take care

20. dourdan says:

“Roll To Your Right – When you wake up, roll to your right side and get out of bed because at a lower level of metabolic activity, if you suddenly roll to your left, you will put pressure on your cardiac system”

that makes a lot of sense. I do feel better when I roll to the right

Yes roll to the right :):)