Water helps keep you hydrated, which is important because every single cell in your body needs it in order to absorb nutrients and expel waste products. But what are some of the less well known benefits of drinking water?
- Weight Loss – Water is one of the best tools for weight loss. It often replaced high-calorie drinks like soft drink and alcohol with a drink that has no fat, no calories, no carbs, no sugar. It is also a great appetite suppressant, and often when we think we’re hungry, we’re actually just thirsty. So if you are wanting to lose weight, increase your water.
- Energy – Being dehydrated can sap your energy and make you feel tired, even mild dehydration of as little as 1 or 2 percent of your body weight. If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated and this can lead to fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness and other symptoms.
- Headache Cures – Another symptom of dehydration is headaches. In fact, often when we have headaches it’s simply a matter of not drinking enough water. There are lots of other causes of headaches of course, but dehydration is a common one.
- Healthy Skin – Drinking water can clear up your skin and help you look more fresh and glowing. Commit to drinking a healthy amount of water over a week and see the effects on your skin.
- Digestive Problem – Our digestive systems need a good amount of water to digest food properly. Often water can help cure stomach acid problems, and water along with fibre can cure constipation again, often a result of dehydration.
- Cleansing & Kidney Health – Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. The more water you drink the better your kidneys will function.
- Better Exercise – We all know it is essential to drink water when exercising, but did you know being dehydrated can severely hamper your workouts? Slowing you down and making your workouts harder. So the best time to drink water is actually two hours before you plan to exercise, ad of course during and after.
Track your water. Record the number of glasses you drink in a day. This will help in habit creation and benefit your body in a long run.