Benefits of Drinking Water

Water helps keep you hydrated, which is important because every single cell in your body needs it in order to absorb nutrients and expel waste products. But what are some of the less well known benefits of drinking water?

• Weight Loss – Water is one of the best tools for weight loss. It often replaced high-calorie drinks like soft drink and alcohol with a drink that has no fat, no calories, no carbs, no sugar. It is also a great appetite suppressant, and often when we think we’re hungry, we’re actually just thirsty. So if you are wanting to lose weight, increase your water.
  • Energy – Being dehydrated can sap your energy and make you feel tired, even mild dehydration of as little as 1 or 2 percent of your body weight. If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated and this can lead to fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness and other symptoms.
  • Headache Cures – Another symptom of dehydration is headaches. In fact, often when we have headaches it’s simply a matter of not drinking enough water. There are lots of other causes of headaches of course, but dehydration is a common one.
  • Healthy Skin – Drinking water can clear up your skin and help you look more fresh and glowing. Commit to drinking a healthy amount of water over a week and see the effects on your skin.
  • Digestive Problem – Our digestive systems need a good amount of water to digest food properly. Often water can help cure stomach acid problems, and water along with fibre can cure constipation again, often a result of dehydration.
  • Cleansing & Kidney Health – Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. The more water you drink the better your kidneys will function.
  • Better Exercise – We all know it is essential to drink water when exercising, but did you know being dehydrated can severely hamper your workouts? Slowing you down and making your workouts harder. So the best time to drink water is actually two hours before you plan to exercise, ad of course during and after.

Track your water. Record the number of glasses you drink in a day. This will help in habit creation and benefit your body in a long run.

1. Agreed. Ideal for head aches. Perfect drink for our hot and humid weather too.

Yes Kavitha. Water carries nutrients to all cells in our body and oxygen to our brain. Water allows the body to absorb and assimilate minerals, vitamins, amino acids, glucose and other substances. Water flushes out toxins and waste. Water helps to regulate body temperature.

2. Wise as ever :-). I think it’s amazing how many people don’t drink water in the winter, only in summer but you need to hydrate at all times of year.

Yes Elana. Drinking water is so essential considering 60% of our body is water. Drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates the joints in your body. Water carries oxygen to the cells of your body, including those of your muscles. Being well hydrated enables your muscles to work longer and harder before they feel tired, and this will help you build muscle.

3. Ajeet kumar says:

Hi Garima I liked your writing skills and I want to Collaborate with You.
    I have published a new website and I would I’m searching for someone who can Guest post in my Website ajeetwriting.com
    You will get backlinks from my website if you want which will be benificial for you.
    I will give you full credit because you are going to write post off-course.

I know I have a new website but don’t worry I’m a digital Marketer so I will get lot of traffic on my website soon so don’t worry about the traffic that you will get or not.

I will also help you write some content for you if you want.

Or

Note:- If you can give me And interview about how you became a blogger, and I will post it on my website and I will provide link to your website and people are gonna visit you.

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers
    Ajeet

An interview will be good Ajeet. Let me know the questions. Send me your email and I will send you a Hi

1. Ajeet kumar says:

Cool it’s my Email πŸ†” – ajeetwriting@gmail.com

4. busker boy says:

Very useful post. Thanks for sharing. I will keep a record from now on and seek to improve! 😎

You are most welcome. Drinking water helps boost your metabolism, cleanse your body of waste, and acts as an appetite suppressant. Also, drinking more water helps your body stop retaining water, leading you to drop those extra pounds of water weight. Thank you for stopping by today.

5. inhiscare753 says:

Way to go H2O!!! Absolutely…this is great post. Thanks for sharing.

Yes :). Adding more water to your diet can be a bit intimidating if you’re not used to consuming more than a glass a day. Although it should be the one beverage that we consume the most of daily β€” especially if you’re extremely active β€” sugary drinks such as juice, soda, and even smoothies tend to take priority in our lives. But like almost everything that we need in our lives, drinking more water isn’t as simple β€” or pleasing β€” as we’re made to believe. Thank you for stopping by today.

1. inhiscare753 says:

You are welcome!

6. There have also been studies done in how frequencies and energies of emotions effect the structure of water, which for me translates to if we are primarily made of water then our emotions are effecting our bodies on a cellular structure and being well hydrated can potentially help neutralize some of those big emotions and allow us to better process emotions! So cool.

Thanks for sharing!!

That’s so cool. I did not know this. Thank you for sharing this information.

It is πŸ™‚

7. scprosser92 says:

πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thank you. I hope this helps you drink some more water πŸ™‚

8. I know there are some differing opinions on water and tea (namely green), so I’m curious where you stand on the two? Do you feel the two are the same? Drinking 5 cups of green tea per day is the same as drinking 5 cups of water? Even though the tea has caffeine? Thanks for the consideration. πŸ™‚

I am a water person Mircea. There is nothing which can replace water.

9. Hello Garima
    Thank you so much for your Great informative Post,now i start to follow you.

10. Water is my favorite drink,the greatest drink ever and your post is most welcome and appreciated, peace and the best

Water is my best drink too. Fluid can be gained from other beverages, but water is best because it is calorie-free, caffeine-free, and alcohol-free. Seven percent of respondents reported drinking no water at all daily, and those who drank a low volume of water also consumed less fruit and vegetables.

11. Ian Kent says:

Check out the book β€œyour body’s many cries for water” by F. Batmanghelidj, MD.
    β€˜You are not sick, you are thirsty!’

Thank you for this title. Many a times we feel hungry, we are not hungry, but we are thirsty.

12. Helpful reminder. We all know this, and yet it is easy to slip and not drink enough water. This is especially true of those working in jobs that are very busy – making it difficult to drink enough and go to the RR as needed. This was my life teaching HS for many years. I left the HS classroom last school year and one of my blessings has been being able to drink water all day. 😊 My hydro flask travels everywhere with me.

Ah we all are guilty of not drinking enough water. To prevent dehydration, you need to drink adequate amounts of water. There are many different opinions on how much water you should be drinking every day. Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8Γ—8 rule and is very easy to remember.

13. -Eugenia says:

Excellent post. Thank you.

Glad you liked it Eugenia. All known life needs liquid water to function properly. It’s essential in part because water is such a good solvent, readily dissolving and transporting nutrients across a wide range of temperatures. Its molecules also play a key role in ensuring proteins behave properly.

14. imranakbl says:

pretty nice post

Hope you get motivated to drink water after this.

15. That’s a wonderful article, what do you think is an ideal number of glasses or litres of water one should drink per day?

16. This page truly has all the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.