Stay Positive At Work

Whatever issues you may be experiencing now at work, there is always a solution.  Whether it is a demanding boss or whether you are the boss and you want to learn how to better manage your team, there is always a positive way to go about it. And what may very well be the best thing about it, is that positivity is highly contagious, so even just a little effort on your part and it’s guaranteed that positivity will multiply and be returned.

Here are a few ways in which you can stay positive at work :

• Commute – Listen to audio books, podcasts or inspirational music on your commute.
  • Arrive Early – Arrive early and focus on the tasks required today.
  • Emails – Avoid checking emails first thing. Focus on tasks in hand and periodically check emails through the day.
  • Time Usage – Are you making the most of your time? Focus efforts on what matters most.
  • Planning – Schedule your day and set out achievable objectives.
  • Break Times – Plan breaks into your day to allow recovery and re-focus on your tasks.
  • Meetings – Walking meetings help focus. Leave the meeting with clear and achievable objectives.
  • Pace Yourself – Rushing tasks will create more errors that inevitably you will have to re-do.
  • Be Positive – Infuse positive emotions into your work and colleagues and enjoy the contagious nature.
  • Support – Share your achievements with others and support the results of colleagues.
  • Compassion – Remain compassionate to negative colleagues. People are usually negative for a reason.
  • Collaboration – Never be afraid to ask for help. Collaborate with others to achieve mutual goals.
  • Office Politics – Don’t get bogged down in office politics. Focus on what is needed to move forward.
  • Boring Jobs – Bite the bullet and face mind numbing tasks head on.
  • Criticisms – Understand any criticism aimed at you and use the feedback to improve your work.
  • Holiday Days – Try different activities on you days off. Variety is the spice of life and leave you in a more positive mood.
  • Adapt – Business changes to survive. Make sure you are open and adaptable rather than resisting change.

Having a positive attitude towards life in general is totally essential to having a positive career and vice versa. Life is too short for worries and issues that so many people experience at work!

1. Kristin_Bea says:

I need this… 😎

Then I am glad you have it :):)

1. Kristin_Bea says:

Thank you… I am working in ER… imagine the stress and demands… but still positivity wins… 😚😚😚 thank you so much for your blog…

Ah I always dreaded my ER duties during my medical school. But it is the most noblest as it makes the maximum impact.

3. Kristin_Bea says:

Yeah i agree with you… 😉… anyway, in whatever we may do we’ll have to stay positive … no room allowed for negativity

Yes Kristin. I salute you for your discipline and consistency. Way to go girl!!!!

5. Kristin_Bea says:

2. Since being laid off twice in the past few years, I really developed a crummy attitude. I’m working on changing that, because I feel my negativity is my biggest roadblock. This post was truly inspiring to me – thank you!

I am glad this post helped you. Good Luck.

Thank you. I am glad you liked them and found them useful. Do you practice any of them to stay positive at work?

1. My job is client facing so never shy of criticism as they are paying and we are providing a service. My mantra is ‘the criticism is not personal’, so I try and understand their motives and what’s pushing them. Once I know that, then it helps with the client relationship. Also my team is based around Europe so while we all most work from home we take time to schedule face to face meetings. Also agree with holidays, I block book those in over the course of the year and get some of the things it would like to do, done. Work life balance is the most important thing if you can get it right.

Ah thank for sharing your journey. Much appreciated. It seems you have aced the art of work life balance. It is very important for our mental health.

I am glad you liked them.

1. Silentboy says:

Plz read my story give ur feedback….

3. Kelli says:

Thank you for these! I’m going to try to use some of them!

Thank you Kelli. Let me know if they made a difference at work:)