A lot of people know that they can make their own almond or nut milk- did you know that you can also make your own rice milk? Rice milk is a grain milk made by processing rice. You probably already have the ingredients at home, it’s super inexpensive- just a fraction of the price that rice milk sells for at stores!
Why rice milk? Because it has various health benefits. Here is a list of this superfood :
- Protects your skin. Rice milk has ingredients that are beneficial to the skin. Traditionally, people used rice milk for skin treatment. Rice milk has one of the most crucial components that protect the skin from UV light, the papa aminobenzoic acid.
- Anti-aging properties. Besides, the UV skin protection property, rice milk also contains inositol, an ingredient that boosts cell regeneration and maintain a good flow of blood within the human body.
- Boosts energy. Rice milk contains high carbohydrates and sugar, and that can boost your energy on a daily basis. Rice milk is one of the best drinks to boost your energy especially if you are athletic.
- For healthy digestive system. Rice milk helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system. It revitalises and cleanses our intestines for a smooth flow of digestion. It prevents bloating by combating the gases that accumulate from unhealthy eating patterns.
- Keeps your heart healthy. Rice milk contains low fat, and it does not contain any cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin E and magnesium, the two micronutrients that are responsible for a healthy heart.
- Prevents chronic diseases. Rice milk contains several antioxidants that are usually contained in rice and can help in boosting the overall performance of your immune system. These antioxidants help the body to resist inflammation and oxidative stress, the main culprits of chronic diseases.
- Strengthens your immunity. Rice milk contains numerous vital elements for boosting your immunity. It protects you from allergies and viral infections that lower the immunity of your body. Rice milk is an effective way to keep your body’s immunity strong.
- Aids in weight loss. A good thing about rice milk is that it’s low in calories and does give your body energy to push through the day. When you drink rice milk, you get the necessary nutrition needed for your body while cutting off the extra weight.
- Boosts milk production for breast feeding. Be it home prepared or store bought rice milk, rice milk would successfully help boost milk percentage in a mother’s breasts. Rice milk also nourishes the baby and the mother too.
- Prevents cancer. Rice milk contains selenium and manganese. These two elements are the potent antioxidants in inhibiting cancer causing agents and any other carcinogenic exposures.
Any experiences with rice milk in the past? Do leave a comment or feedback.