Have you ever wanted to be like your father, your teacher or your friend? Did you feel like copying their actions or were inspired by them to bring a change in your own personality? If yes, then you have met charismatic people who have inspired you.
Charisma is a part of personality which shows assertiveness and confidence with an ability to conduct effective communication with everyone you meet. Charismatic people use their body language and aura to inspire others and make a positive impression. Some have an inborn ability to be charismatic while others learn the skill over time.
Here are a few things you can do to build some serious charisma :
- Be Genuine. Oh Lord, I can’t tell you the important of being f****** genuine with people and with yourself. It is easy than constantly pretending. Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. People will respect you for it, at-least those who matter.
- Be Silent. Think before your speak. Believe me this skill is a hard one to learn considering we are in a world where everyone thinks their speech can impress people. But silence if fine when you have nothing worthwhile to say. So know when to Shut UP!
- Have Respect. Not only for yourself but for others as well. Treat people with respect and make time to listen to their point of view. Yes, not everyone can say interesting things all the time but still develop some patience and listen to them. They will appreciate it.
- Smile. Charismatic people communicate positivity by smiling, even when they don’t feel like it. Be friendly but not friendlier. After all it is difficult to trust easily in the world today but that should not stop you from passing a kind smile. If they get too close to comfort, Hit and Run :P.
- Remember Names. I would give a million dollars to learn this skill. One should have the self discipline and awareness to remember names when you meet people. If you know how to do it, please leave me some easy tips in the comments. Much appreciated.
- Energise. Show energy and enthusiasm, even when you’re not actually interested or you’re tired. Referring to my point number 3, develop some patience, it will go a long way.
- Positivity. Be positive even when you are middle of a quicksand named NATS (negative automatic thought systems). After after NATS for years I am dead sure I do want to waste another moment thinking a negative thought in my life. Its a pleasure to find something good and positive in your life and be grateful about it. My friends complain they don’t have enough money to save, I tell them, at least you are alive and have functional limbs. They roll their eyes but hey be grateful for what you have.
- Look the Part. Support your message with positive body language. Command a presence. Don’t be shy. You are unique, your are loved and you are born to shine. Let them laugh, let them smirk, fuck them. Do what you want to do. Got something to say, say it. Just don’t misbehave.
- Prepare. Visualise yourself being impressive. Psyche yourself up before you next need to display charisma. Do the mirror technique. Stand in front of mirror, look yourself in the eye and say good assertive things to yourself. It’s called self love. Do it.
But to follow these points, you must feel strongly about them from within. You must become one with your personality so that a magnetic and charming aura can engulf you, giving a fresh look to your personality.
Categories: Mental Health