It is a fact universally acknowledged that exercise makes you feel good and gives your forehead a sexy glow. With the demands of everyday life, you might think you don’t have any time left for exercise in your schedule. Or maybe you hate to exercise because you see it as a chore or boring activity. But there are tons of ways to be active and ways to fit exercise into your day.
Here’s a closer look at why being active is so good for your physical and emotional health :
- Reduces Anxiety – Studies show that as little as 5 minutes of exercise can start to brighten your mood. A full workout can have effects that last for hours.
- Boosts Brain Power – Studies show that with regular exercise that breaks a sweat can actually grow the part of your brain that is tied to learning.
- Strengthens Immune System – When you exercise you raise your body’s temperature and flush bad bacteria from your lungs. Raising your body temperature helps to kill off bad bacteria in your body which can stop you from getting sick.
- Helps you Sleep – A good night’s sleep can make you feel ready to conquer your day. Better sleep is tired to a better mood, memory, and overall health.
- Develops Self Confidence – Studies have shown that people who have high levels of self discipline are happier in the moment and long term.
- Improved Body Image – Exercise improves the way you feel about your body and the way you feel about your body affects how you feel about almost everything.
- Better Posture – People with people posture have better relations to stressful situations, a better view of themselves, and fewer instances of depression.
- Eases Joint Pain – When your muscles are strong it takes some of the pressure off in your joints and helps them move more easily.
- Gives You Energy – Exercise increases your breathing and gets your heart pumping. That means your body will be full of freshly oxygenated blood.
- Sharpens Memory – Studies show that people who exercise for four months or more are better at difficult tasks involving memory.
- Weight Loss – Weight loss from exercise can lead to better physical health and a short term mood boost from achieving a goal.
- Fights Insulin Resistance – When you exercise you burn sugar in your muscles. While your body recovers it takes sugar from your bloodstream.
Regular exercise releases endorphins and catecholamines, which are the “feel good” chemicals released by the brain. Regular exercise also increases production of dopamine a neurotransmitter that improves mood and decreases feeling of depression. Exercise also helps happiness by increasing self esteem and feelings of accomplishment. Successfully reaching your fitness goals will give you a strong sense of accomplishment and self worth, which combined with all the chemicals released from regular exercise will help you to achieve a higher sense of happiness.
References : Benefits of regular exercise. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-benefits-of-exercise