The family can be a source of true joy and love. Family relationships offer us unconditional support and are important for every member of the family unit.
Families that come together and share positive experiences build strong family relationships. They cultivate a strong family bond by experiencing positive emotions and uniting through common family goals. Here are some of the tips for some family rituals that you can do as a team to improve bonding :
- Activities that teach responsibility such as assign each family member a specific task when setting the table, create a rotating chore chart on a whiteboard that changes each Sunday, choose a particular time each week when the entire family comes together to clean the house or the garden, find projects that the entire family can collaborate on.
- Activities that promote kindness and compassion such as practice self meditation and think of your loved ones and send them positive thoughts about safety, happiness and health. Find place to volunteer as a family. Also you can have each family member share one kind thing that they did that day.
- Activities that boost positivity such as family cuddle time, when everyone arrives home, pile into bed or couch together and cuddle for five minutes. Encourage each family member to share the high and low points of the day, and then anything else they would like to share.
- Activities to build strong family connections such as say wish goodnight and good morning to each other, tell them that you love them. Have each family member contribute something to dinner preparation even if it is cutting salad or filling up water.
- Activities to develop a sense of belonging such as create special messages for each other and send on WhatsApp or any other means. Go on monthly walks together. Keep a gratitude jar throughout the year. Make a special cake or dish for each family member’s birthday. Sing songs together no matter how good or bad singer you are. It’s fun.
Categories: Personal Development