Do you feel like you are constantly moving at marathon pace during the day? It’s no wonder you feel exhausted come 3:00 p.m. From the moment your feet hit the floor in the morning to the time you finally fall asleep, it is go, go, go.
Here are some easy ways to stay energised during thr day and keeping your energy strong so you can move more :
- Hydrate – Drink water throughout the day and especially before, during and after physical activity.
- Fuel Up – When your energy is starting to log, snack on healthy carbs, like vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Fight Fatigue – Alternate sitting and standing during the day. Wear comfy shoes you can easily walk in, or use insoles to keep your legs and feel feeling fine.
- Refresh – Try stress relieving activity breaks, like lunchtime walks, meditation and yoga to rejuvenate and refresh anytime.
- Breathe – Practice breathing deeply by inhaling through you nose and exhaling through your mouth slowly to deliberately send more oxygen to your brain and body.
- Eat for Energy – Avoid eating saturated fats or too much protein throughout the day. They digest more slowly and can take away oxygen and energy-delivering blood from your muscles.
- Don’t Wait – Make it a habit to go right from work or school to your workout or activity. If you stop at home, you may be tempted to skip it.
- Refuel – Refuel after your sweat sash with lean protein, healthy carbs and plenty of water so your body can recover more quickly.