Top Healthiest Fruits

In many ways, asking which fruit is healthiest is sort of like asking which exercises is best; the answer changes based on the benefit you’re after. Depending on what characteristics a person is looking for in a fruit whether it is a higher fibre content, more vitamins like vitamin C, or more minerals like potassium one fruit might be nutritionally superior to another.

Here is the list of top healthiest foods :

• Pineapple – Pineapple is rich in vitamin C and manganese. It’s bromeliad content may fight inflammation and reduce the risk of cancer.
  • Mangoes – Mangoes contain vitamin C and soluble fibre. They also contain plant compounds with antioxidant and anti inflammatory effects.
  • Olives – Olives provide a variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These may reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis.
  • Watermelon – Watermelon is high in water, nutrients and antioxidants. It is also particularly high in a powerful antioxidant called lycopene.
  • Avocado – Avocado are rich in healthy fats and potassium, both of which are well known for their role in promoting heart health.
  • Apples – Apples are very nutritious. Their nutrients, antioxidants and fibre may reduce the risk of disease and improve digestion.

1. Gulla says:

Very useful information 💓👍

Fruit and vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium. They’re an excellent source of dietary fibre, which can help to maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.

1. Gulla says:

Good
        My skin is dry so please give me some advises. My sister has arthritis. She has joints pain. She is taking medicines too much but that is not good too much. So tell me some good food

Research suggests that people with a high intake of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, healthy oils, and fish may have a reduced risk for inflammation-related diseases. In addition, substances found in some foods (especially antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids) appear to possess anti-inflammatory effects.

Foods high in antioxidants include:

Berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
        Cherries
        Apples
        Artichokes
        Avocados
        Dark green leafy vegetables (such as kale, spinach, and collard greens)
        Sweet potatoes
        Broccoli
        Nuts (such as walnuts, almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts)
        Beans (such as red beans, pinto beans, and black beans)
        Whole grains (such as oats and brown rice)
        Dark chocolate (at least 70 percent cocoa)

3. Gulla says:

Thanks I will definitely see my sister

Glad you found them useful.

2. Haley Scully says:

Very informative, with great to know information. I never knew these fruits had such properties. It’s good to know they have so many benefits. Thank you for sharing!

I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Your posts are always so helpful and informative. They teach while also entertaining. I think you really deserve the nomination. You can check my post out here!

The nutrients in fruit are vital for health and maintenance of your body. The potassium in fruit can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Potassium may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss as you age. Folate (folic acid) helps the body form red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant and those in the first trimester of pregnancy need adequate folate. Folate helps prevent neural tube birth defects, such as spina bifida.

1. Haley Scully says:

Wow, fruits truly have so many benefits. It’s amazing all the functions and things they can help with. That’s why it is so important to mix fruits into the diet. They can make a big difference in one’s health. Thanks again for sharing!

One great reason to eat fruit is that it is relatively inexpensive. Some people think that fresh fruit is too expensive and they cannot afford it. But think about the price you pay for the take out meals or that pack of potato chips. If you make it a habit to replace those unhealthy snacks with fruit, you will not notice a difference in your food bill. If fact, it may be less! The real benefit to replacing unhealthy snacks with fruits is the fact that you are becoming much healthier. There is no way to put a price on your health. We must remember that fruit is the most natural food on the planet. There are not many other types of food that you can just pick from the tree or bush and pop into your mouth without having to cook it first. Your body craves these all natural foods. Fruit is food the way it is meant to be.

3. Haley Scully says:

Very true! Well said! Fruit is a miracle food, and one we could all do with more of. 😄

Yessssss I ate fruits for dinner today. Got motivated after reading my own post hahaha

5. Haley Scully says:

Awesome! That’s s great dinner to have! Your posts are indeed motivating. 😀

Thank you Haley. I am glad you are liking them.

7. Haley Scully says:

You’re most welcome! Thank you for always sharing such important information!

🙂🙂🙏🏼🙏🏼

3. pranabaxom says:

You showed pictures of papaya but did not discuss about it. How does papaya compare to pineapple and mangoes? Also, aren’t pineapple, mango and watermelon are very sugar dense compared to papaya.

So I am challenged with the pictures I can get my hands on 🙂
      Christopher Columbus, an Italian voyager once referred to papayas as the fruit of the angels. The fruit which is extremely rich in Vitamin C has a wide range of health benefits making it a great fruit option to include in your diet.

4. your post reminded me that I have to eat more avocados! thanks for posting and sharing. ! !

Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. Although most of the calories in an avocado come from fat, don’t shy away!

5. Omatra7 says:

Love all of those sorta …

Olives … I have to acquire a taste for still … but I know olive oil supposably helps with Alzheimer’s … so I will be all about the olives lol … I will force that if I have to lol (I once joked with my sister in law about olive oil when I learned it helped with Alzheimer’s – when the waitress asked what we wanted to drink – I was gonna say – olive oil on the rocks lol – I didn’t … only joked) but I try to do anything I can to avoid.

And then mangos are not my favorite 😝… pineapple is lol… but I’ll work on that… would be beneficial for sure

As always thanks for the tips. 🥰

Hahahha you are getting there Omatra. If you’re looking for a quick and simple way to make your meals healthier, one way to do that is by adding fruit and vegetables. fruits and vegetables are necessary to help maintain a healthy body. Fruits and vegetables are the universal ‘life-preserver’ foods. I consider them the magic bullet foods when it comes to lifelong success with body weight. The bottom line is: the more the better. Any improvement you can make by including more fruits and vegetables in your day is well worth it. One tip: Be careful when it comes to canned or frozen fruits and vegetables. Prepackaged meals often contain added salt and sugar. Here are some of the surprising health benefits of fruits and vegetables.

1. Omatra7 says:

Oh yes … I try to eat very healthy, with lots of fruits and vegetables … I do really good because I do love many things and when you switch your diet to healthy – when you try to eat something unhealthy it’s gross! lol … the only thing I can’t give up is chocolate ❤️

But I do try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible… those are very bad! I always do fresh – never canned or frozen… I try to eat smart and healthy …

On occasion, I do bend the rules like with going out to eat, or whatever, but that will sometimes upset my tummy so I always go back to healthy.

Never had a normal weight problem… I used to have Graves’ disease (thyroid) which makes you lose weight (sounds amazing but just as hard) so I don’t follow healthy for weight – just for health and feeling better and having energy.

So many advantages to eating healthy – and you do actually feel better. ✌️

Thank you for sharing your lifestyle with us. I could definitely use your tips in my own life 🙂

3. Omatra7 says:

Maybe someday I’ll add the recipes I eat or how I plan my meals for the week … I like reading your educational posts though – I take those and try to incorporate into what I eat

I am lucky to live in Northern California – is an agriculture state so lots of farms and fresh food… we have a lot of farmers markets and even festivals with fresh food.

Since my cancer I just try to eat as healthy as I can. It definitely changed the way I see food and now I pay more attention to what I am eating and what’s in it.

Thank you always for the information – please continue because it helps me. ❤️

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. It is so great to see that you have chosen to eat healthier.

Thank you. Fruits and vegetables are universally promoted as healthy. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 recommend you make one-half of your plate fruits and vegetables. Myplate.gov also supports that one-half the plate should be fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables include a diverse group of plant foods that vary greatly in content of energy and nutrients. Additionally, fruits and vegetables supply dietary fiber, and fiber intake is linked to lower incidence of cardiovascular disease and obesity. Fruits and vegetables also supply vitamins and minerals to the diet and are sources of phytochemicals that function as antioxidants, phytoestrogens, and antiinflammatory agents and through other protective mechanisms.

6. judeitakali says:

love that these are so easily accessible, thank you for this Garima 🙂 xo

Thank you Jude. I am glad you found it useful. Adding fruit to your diet is a surefire way to become healthier. A daily intake of fruit can benefit your body in many ways. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel when you start eating more fruit. Keep reading to uncover some amazing things that fruit does for you body. You know that you need to drink more water. But if you are like most people, you don’t get your six to eight glasses of water per day. But did you know that fruit is 80% water? So if you add more fruit to your diet, you will be getting more water in your diet. There is no other food on the planet that contains this much water.

1. judeitakali says:

didnt know about all that water in fruit save for watermelon 😉

Fruits have multiple benefits 🙂

7. Harry Whitt says:

Great information. I love fruit!

Glad you liked it.

8. Cloud Minded says:

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. Id prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you dont mind. Natually Ill give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.