Headaches are familiar to nearly everyone: in any given year, almost 90% of men and 95% of women have at least one. In the vast majority of cases, however, the pain isn’t an omen of some terrible disease.
Here are the most common type of headaches :
- Migraines – Intense pain on one side of the head always repeated in the same area. It is accompanied by disturbances of vision and hearing, nausea and vomiting.
- Headaches caused by Digestive Problems – Headaches accompanied by stomach, kidney, intestinal and gallbladder ailments. Sometimes linked with overindulgence of alcohol, food sensitivities and food additives.
- Stress headache – Pain runs from the neck to the top of the skull.
- Tension headache – These muscle contraction headaches cause mild to moderate pain from the neck to the forehead.
- Sinus headache – Inflammation of the lining of one of the eight sinus cavities can cause a deep, dull, chronic ache around the eyes, nose and head.
- Anxiety headaches – Pain crosses the forehead.