It’s your moment of truth: the tipping point when you either bring home a win or totally blow it. Whether you’re explaining why you’re the best person for a job, pushing across a 10-K finish line, or climbing toward your between-the-sheets peak, success can often come down to knowing the best foods to eat.
Stock up on these ingredients. Research proves they can make you stronger, rev your metabolism, burn serious fat even ease soreness so you can do it all over again tomorrow.
- Oatmeal – Provides staying power so you won’t crash between the 10th and 11th laps.
- Raisins – Grab a handful during long workouts for a natural energy boost.
- Bananas – Just as effective as sports drinks at keeping your electrolytes balanced.
- Ginger – Fights nausea and can reduce muscle pain by about 20 percent.
- Tart Cherries – They neutralise free radicals so you can recover faster.
- Turmeric – The spice that makes curry yellow acts like ibuprofen against joint pain.
- Eggs – This rich source of the amino acid leucine jumpstarts muscle repair.
- Whey Protein – Prime building material for tight abs and tones glutes.
- Salmon or Tuna – Their protein urges your muscles to begin the strengthening process.
- Pistachios – Curb post workout hinger without packing on the pounds.
- Beets – These bad boys help you push harder with less effort during the workouts.
- Edamame – Soybeans are high in fat torching protein and fibre.