The concept of ketogenic dieting is not new – it has existed in many forms and in many variations. It has many similarities to the Atkin’s Diet, and is cousins with other popular diets like South Beach and Paleo. Below, we’ve outlined exactly what the ketogenic diet is, how and why it works, and how you can get started with a ketogenic diet today. Before we dive in, however, it is important to understand that there are three types of ketogenic diets: the Standard Ketogenic Diet, the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet, and the Targeted Ketogenic Diet. All are very closely related but differ in regards to limits and timing of carbohydrate consumption.
Here are a few benefits of keto diet :
- Healthy Weight Loss – There is strong evidence that ketogenic diets are very effective for weight loss. Their ability to turn your body into a fat burning machine makes it highly beneficial for weight loss. Fat burning is markedly increases while insulin levels drop dramatically. This creates a perfect circumstance in which fat loss can occur, without hunger.
- Fight Metabolic Diseases – Metabolic syndrome like obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease can also be combated using ketogenic diet. Risk factors like high blood pressure, abdominal fat, high blood sugar, high blood level of LDL, cholesterol and low levels of HDL cholesterol can be improved with nutritional and lifestyle modifications.
- Improved Brain Health – Ketogenic diet provides a steady flow of fuel to the brain. This often results in improved good brain health and improved concentration. A lot of people specifically use ketogenic diets for increased mental performance.
- Diabetes Type 2 Reversal – A ketogenic diet is excellent for reversing type 2 diabetes. Since insulin plays an important role in diabetes, ketogenic diet effectively lowers blood sugar and the negative impact of high insulin levels.
- Increased Physical Endurance – Since ketogenic diets give the body constant energy to the body. It can vastly increase your physical endurance, especially during exercise. The body’s carbohydrate store only lasts for a couple of hours during intense exercise.
Read more on : https://www.thrivenaija.com/ketogenic-diets-weight-loss.html