Coconut oil is one of my favorite oils. It is free of cholesterol and trans fat, contains only 1% Omega-6 and is rich in medium-chain “good fats” that doctors recommend. It’s a nutritious baking oil, as well as, a delicious butter substitute on bread, vegetables, or popcorn. You can add a bit of coconut oil to smoothies or oats for a bit of healthy fat to keep me feeling full or using it instead of olive oil for roasting and stir-frying.
Coconut oil contains essential anti oxidants, medium chain triglycerides (MCT), Laurie acid, caprylic acid and capris acid. But what does this mean in terms of benefit to us? Here’s a snapshot of the healing and health benefits of coconut oil :
- Skin Care – The MCT in coconut oil act as a natural skin conditioner. Deeply penetration and moisturising, they protect against environmental & free radical damage. It also helps with anti-aging, eczema & even provides some sun protection.
- Hair Care – Coconut oil us one of the best ways to provide nutrients to your hair. The fatty acids condition deeply from the insides of the strands out. Providing protein, eliminating dandruff & aiding in re-growth. many people use it as a conditioner.
- Stress Relief – Coconut oil is very soothing. The natural aroma of coconut is also very soothing. You can apply the oil to your head and gently massage to help remove mental fatigue.
- Weight Loss – The fatty acids in coconut oil destroy candida, (yeast overgrowth) which triggers weight gain, carbohydrate cravings & fatigue. They’re easily digested & converted into energy to speed up metabolism & help burn stored fat.
- Immunity – The unique saturated fats of coconut oil contain antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic properties that help strengthen the immune system. Consuming coconut oil regularly will reduce incidences of sickness.
- Infections – Lauric acid (found only in breast milk & coconut oil) is converted into monolaurin in the body. This may destroy bacterial and viral infections like measles, influenza, hepatitis C and even HIV. Monolaurin may also eliminate Athletes’ foot.
- Digestion – MCT molecules in coconut oil are small so they are easily digested with less strain on the pancreas & digestive system. People suffering from diabetes, obesity, gallbladder disease, or Crohn’s disease may benefit greatly from coconut oil
- Diabetes – Coconut oil may improve insulin sensitivity & glucose tolerance over time. It helps regulate blood sugar levels and protects against insulin resistance. It can even help prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Heart Health – The fat in coconut oil does not have a negative effect on cholesterol. In fact, it helps improve your cholesterol profile. It helps prevent heart attacks & stroke and may even cure heart disease.
Reference : http://www.naturehealthyconcepts.com