“Seven Time Down, Eight Times Up”
Resilience (or resiliency) is our ability to adapt and bounce back when things don’t go as planned. Resilient people don’t wallow or dwell on failures; they acknowledge the situation, learn from their mistakes, and then move forward.
Here’s a checklist on how to become more resilient person :
- Practice overcoming hurdles in everyday life.
- Have a purpose.
- Accept reality with a positive attitude.
- Learn how to improvise.
- Meditate (mindfulness training)
- Develop an abiding sense of humour
- Build strong support networks
- Look for role models
- Keep your mind flexible
- Face your fears
- Nurture a strong sense of relief
- Know when to be kind to yourself
- Be compassionate