Resilience

“Seven Time Down, Eight Times Up”

Resilience (or resiliency) is our ability to adapt and bounce back when things don’t go as planned. Resilient people don’t wallow or dwell on failures; they acknowledge the situation, learn from their mistakes, and then move forward.

Here’s a checklist on how to become more resilient person :

• Practice overcoming hurdles in everyday life.
  • Have a purpose.
  • Accept reality with a positive attitude.
  • Learn how to improvise.
  • Meditate (mindfulness training)
  • Exercise
  • Develop an abiding sense of humour
  • Build strong support networks
  • Look for role models
  • Keep your mind flexible
  • Face your fears
  • Reframe
  • Nurture a strong sense of relief
  • Know when to be kind to yourself
  • Be compassionate

Reference : http://www.teminandcompany.com/thought-leadership/reputation-articles/2180-resilience-new-research-helps-us-bounce-back-quicker-better-from-life-s-trials-and-tragedies

1. tanaka_tkzy says:

Im inspired!

Oh wonderful. I am glad. While these adverse events, much like rough river waters, are certainly painful and difficult, they don’t have to determine the outcome of your life. There are many aspects of your life you can control, modify and grow with. That’s the role of resilience. Becoming more resilient not only helps you get through difficult circumstances, it also empowers you to grow and even improve your life along the way.

1. tanaka_tkzy says:

Sure thing!

2. Devin Stevens says:

During the past year or so I’ve been learning to accept my limitations and cope with hurdles barring me from my dreams. This post is a nice reminder of what we can do for ourselves.

Life may not come with a map, but everyone will experience twists and turns, from everyday challenges to traumatic events with more lasting impact, like the death of a loved one, a life-altering accident or a serious illness. Each change affects people differently, bringing a unique flood of thoughts, strong emotions and uncertainty. Yet people generally adapt well over time to life-changing situations and stressful situations — in part thanks to resilience.
      Psychologists define resilience as the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress — such as family and relationship problems, serious health problems, or workplace and financial stressors. As much as resilience involves “bouncing back” from these difficult experiences, it can also involve profound personal growth.

3. ReverendHornibastard says:

While, at a gut level, I agree with the advice rendered, I have serious doubts whether these are attributes that people can successfully acquire. Instead, I suspect rather that these attributes are the product of factors over which we have little or no control.

I am the sort of person who has often been described as a “self-made man.” I was born to a poor family and became financially successful as a result of what may superficially appear to have been my own doing. My personality and quirks include most of the qualities described in this post.

But I do NOT regard myself as a self-made man. I did not choose to have these qualities. These were mine by dumb luck.

By contrast, I was often puzzled why others did not hurry up and develop these same characteristics. Didn’t they want to be successful?

Maybe the characteristics are not easily acquired (if they can be acquired at all). Maybe the best people can realistically hope to do is to hone these qualities to the extent they find them in themselves.

Yup let’s hope so. Fingers crossed for them.

Glad you liked it. Resilience is very important is today’s world.

4. Volker Schunck says:

Reblogged this on Drifter's Week.

1. Volker Schunck says: