As you will be well aware by now, powerful affirmations are central to a lot of Law of Attraction work. They are positive thoughts that you repeat out loud. They can help to reshape the beliefs, emotions, and attitudes that may have been holding you back from your goals for a long time. However, when you’re trying to manifest something you want, it’s so important to design the right kind of affirmations.
Here’s how you can build you own affirmations :
- Select a personal negative belief – What are your insecurities? What does your inner critic say? What do you want to change? What are you embarrassed about? e.g. I hate my job. I am not confident. I can’t articulate.
- Write this belief down on a piece of paper or on your computer. It’s time to delete this thought from your head and replace with a fresh, empowered new thought.
- Directly under your negative belief, write out the positive opposite. You will feel like it’s untrue and you simply won’t believe the statement which is a good sign, chill.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat. A belief is a thought that you have decided to think often so much in fact that it has been set on auto pilot. Make your new affirmation a thought you think often, to turn it into a shiny new automatic belief.
A few pointers :
- Leave the negatives. When writing an affirmation, leave out words like can’t, don’t, nit, doesn’t. Strive for the most positive and opposite statement to your current negative belief.
- Bad vs good. A negative belief : “I hate myself”. A bad affirmation: “I will not hate myself”. A good affirmation : “I love myself”.
- A gentle start. If you find the affirmation really hard to believe, start with “I am open to..” or “I am willing to believe I could….”.
- Reminders. Set a lot of reminders to affirm your new belief. Write it on sticky notes, on your hand, in your wallet, set an alarm on your phone, set it as your digital wallpaper, flood your mind!