Create Your Own Affirmations

As you will be well aware by now, powerful affirmations are central to a lot of Law of Attraction work. They are positive thoughts that you repeat out loud. They can help to reshape the beliefs, emotions, and attitudes that may have been holding you back from your goals for a long time. However, when you’re trying to manifest something you want, it’s so important to design the right kind of affirmations.

Here’s how you can build you own affirmations :

• Select a personal negative belief – What are your insecurities? What does your inner critic say? What do you want to change? What are you embarrassed about? e.g. I hate my job. I am not confident. I can’t articulate.
  • Write this belief down on a piece of paper or on your computer. It’s time to delete this thought from your head and replace with a fresh, empowered new thought.
  • Directly under your negative belief, write out the positive opposite. You will feel like it’s untrue and you simply won’t believe the statement which is a good sign, chill.
  • Repeat, repeat, repeat. A belief is a thought that you have decided to think often so much in fact that it has been set on auto pilot. Make your new affirmation a thought you think often, to turn it into a shiny new automatic belief.

A few pointers :

• Leave the negatives. When writing an affirmation, leave out words like can’t, don’t, nit, doesn’t. Strive for the most positive and opposite statement to your current negative belief.
  • Bad vs good. A negative belief : “I hate myself”. A bad affirmation: “I will not hate myself”. A good affirmation : “I love myself”.
  • A gentle start. If you find the affirmation really hard to believe, start with “I am open to..” or “I am willing to believe I could….”.
  • Reminders. Set a lot of reminders to affirm your new belief. Write it on sticky notes, on your hand, in your wallet, set an alarm on your phone, set it as your digital wallpaper, flood your mind!

Reference : https://www.thehappiempire.com/2012/03/create-your-perfect-personal-affirmation/

1. This sounds so positive to do.

Yes, did you try? Happy to help with some customised affirmations for you. Let me know.

1. Wohoo. I will let you know. I will try by myself but thanks for shAring. 🙂

Anytime 🙂

2. A single handed view on life! says:

Love this post, was just sat feeling a bit crap and it popped up. I’ve mentioned affirmations in my blog a few times but as usual forget to follow my own advice, ive left myself a note for the morning, tomorrow I will practising the minute I let negative thoughts drift in, thank you

Don’t wait until tomorrow. Do it NOW. Find a positive sentence about yourself, your surroundings now. It could be something you are grateful for right now as well.

3. your's_Nomison says:

Effective 👍

Yes, I am glad you found it helpful. Try to use this process to create affirmations and let mw know if it worked. Happy to help to create some customised affirmations for you.

4. C.J. Boock says:

So I guess “I will not rain fire down upon my enemies today” doesn’t count as an affirmation… dang

Hahahaha NOOOO its doesn’t. How about “I am protected”, “I am safe”, “Everything is working out for mu highest good” :):)

1. C.J. Boock says:

I suppose… just doesn’t have the same feel to it

Heheheh nopes

Most welcome.

5. This Engrained Heart says:

Beautiful. Change the way we used to think, can have huge influence. Cheers and peace to you

An affirmation can work because it has the ability to program your mind into believing the stated concept. This is because the mind doesn’t know the difference between what is real or what is fantasy. When you watch a movie, and you start to laugh or cry, your mind is empathizing with the characters on the screen even though it is only Hollywood magic. There are both positive and negative types of affirmations. I’m sure many of us can remember being told as a child by a teacher, parent, or coach that we didn’t have the ability to do something (we were fat, clumsy, etc.). These unwholesome statements can stay with us in the conscious or unconscious mind, which we then reinforce throughout our lives.

1. This Engrained Heart says:

Yes, I wrote many affirmations. One of them was my aim “I am the master of my thoughts” Cheers and peace to you

Cheers to you too, because that’s one great affirmation you have created. Thank you.

6. Thank you for this article. I’ve just revisited the law of attraction and affirmations recently. There’s so much negativity recently during this time of pandemic. I hope to attract more positivity in my life. Let us all stay safe and well!

As the Law of Attraction tells us, like attracts like. This means that the more positive you are, the more you pull positive people, opportunities and choices into your orbit. You begin to vibrate on a frequency of abundance. The abundance in your life only makes you feel more positive.