Confidence is a very attractive thing, and meeting a new man can put it to the test. Confidence is not something that comes from what you drive, how much attention you draw to yourself or how much money you’ve made in the past. Confidence is about what you truly think you can produce in the present. It’s your true feeling of self worth.
Here are a few ways in which you can appear confident even when you really are not :
- Stand up Straight – Keeping your back straight, your shoulders back and your head held high displays status, power and that you are in control of your life.
- Keep you Chin and Head Up – Whether you are standing in a crowd or walking down a street, always keep your head up and your eyes looking straight ahead.
- Keep Hands Out of Pockets – Keeping your hands visible indicates you feel confident in yourself, your current situation and ready to handle anything.
- Gesture with Palms Upwards – Gesturing with your palms facing up will make you appear more confident as it gives the impression of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Don’t Fidget – Fidgeting is a clear sign of nervousness, worry or anxiety and most of us fidget without even realising it.
- Maintain Eye Contact – Good eye contact is probably the most important technique to practice if you wish to appear calm, honest, friendly and confident.
- Stand In an Open Stance – Standing with your feet too close together can give the impression that you are timid. Aim to have your feet in line with your shoulders.
- Smile – Smiling has a powerful effect, a genuine smile communicates that you are friendly, honest and trustworthy and makes you more attractive.
- Develop a Firm Handshake – A firm, solid handshake can give you a immediate impression of confidence while a link handshake can communicate weakness.
- Take Big Steps – Take long purposeful steps, rather than short, quick or hurried steps. A slower, deliberate walk will make you appear confident and in control of your life.