Celery is having a broad spectrum of use as an aphrodisiac, anthelmintic, antispasmodic, carminative, diuretic, emmenagogue, laxative, sedative, stimulant, and toxic. Celery is known as mild diuretic and urinary antiseptic and has been in the relief of flatulence and griping pains.
Here are 10 health benefits of Celery :
- Lowers Inflammation : As it is loaded with polysaccharides and antioxidants.
- Reduces High Cholesterol : Regular consumption of celery is effective in reducing high cholesterol.
- Treats High Blood Pressure : Celery seed extracts can treat high blood pressure because of their anti-hypertensive properties.
- Prevents Liver Disease : Regular consumption of celery can help protect kidney health and prevent liver disease.
- Aids in Weight Loss : Celery is included in a list of foods for weight loss because it’s low in calories.
- Fights Infections : Celery seeds contain antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and has been used to fight infections.
- Prevents Ulcers : Regular consumptions of celery can help prevent and treat painful ulcers.
- Improves Digestion : Eating celery can treat water retention, relieve bloating and boost digestion.
- Reduces the risk of Urinary Tract Infection : Eating celery on a regular basis can help prevent bacterial infections within the digestive tract and reproductive organs.
- Keep Cancer at Bay : Celery is one of the cancer protective vegetables.
Apples walk away with most health accolades, and spinach leads the healthy veggie brigade. Compared to them, celery is somewhat unsung, but once you read it’s incredible and nearly endless list of health benefits, you will quickly join its growing list of lovers.