Healing is a natural phenomenon by which body itself overcome the damaged to the tissue but the rate of healing is very slow and chance of microbial infection is high. Improvement in healing process can be accomplish either shorten the time required for healing or to minimize the
Several herbs and medicinal plants proved to be a wound healers were identified and formulated for treatment and management of wounds. Here is the list of top natural healing agents and how to use them :
- Aloe Vera – It is used as a anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, clear skin, keep hair dandruff free. Use aloe vera gel as a face cleanser and hair mask.
- Baking Soda – It is used as a deep clean scalp and skin, soften feet, teeth whitener, natural deodorant. Rub under armpits, mix with water to make a scalp and face scrub.
- Turmeric – It is used to burn toxins, cure acne, treat cough, cold, heal wound, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-oxidant agent. Use in milk, tea, soup and stew. Make a face mask.
- Garlic – It is used as an antiseptic, ant-bacterial, relieves cough and cold, detoxifies. Crush and use directly on wounds, saute with vegetables, add to sauces.
- Ginger – It is used as an anti-inflammatory, relieves bloating, headache, menstrual cramps and nausea. Make ginger tea, add a few slices to stir-fries, soup and salads.
- Honey – It is used to improve digestion, lose weight relieve nausea, sore throat, acne cures, and promote sleep. Use as a face cleanser, wash hair, add to warm milk to help you sleep.
- Lemon – It is used to detox, improve digestion, lighten scars and dark spots, relieve cough and sore throat. Make lemon tea for cough, use the juice as a face toner for clear skin.
- Coconut – It is used to promote growth, clear skin, fade stretch marks, soften feet, treat dry lips and cuticle. Massage warm oil on skin, hair, lips, feet and nails.
- Onion – It is used to treat cough, relieve stomach ache, promote hair growth. Consume onion juice to relieve cough. Use as a hair mask.
- Green Tea – It is used to maintain body weight, boost digestion, healthy skin, shiny hair. Use as a hair rinse and face toner. Consume daily to improve health.
As in the allopathic system of medicine, wound healers are available but traditional knowledge in the form of literature provides number of traditional and household preparations for those purposes. That said please visit a doctor for tetanus injections and initial examination of the wound to avoid sepsis.