Self Care Week

Self care encompasses the things individuals can do to protect their health and manage illness. The social determinants of health – the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age – influence our resistance to illness and disease, as well as our ability to self care. There is a risk that without easily accessible support and advice the advantages of self care will only be felt by higher socioeconomic groups.

To make self care simpler for you we bring to you few activities that you can do for a weekly self care :

Monday

Eat Well & Nourish : Set the tone for your week. Prepare your nourishing meals & snacks. Sip on hot water with lemon.

Tuesday

Tech Detox & Find Your Creativity : Put your phone & computer away. Journal and create an intentious calendar. Read more books, do adult colouring and DIY crafts.

Wednesday

Pamper Yourself : Listen to your favorite music. Light candles and take a bath. Do a DIY face mask.

Thursday

Night time Routine & Catch your Zzz’s : Meditate with essential oils. Sip on a golden milk latte. Wash your face and read in bed.

Friday

Get Social : Get together with a friend. Call your family, try a new restaurant. Dance the night away.

Saturday

Move Your Body : Try a new workout class, Do yoga, go for a long walk. Get outside with a friend or by yourself.

Sunday

Treat Yourself : Get ice cream. Enjoy a glass of wine. Get a manicure or pedicure.

The self care options available will vary depending on the nature of the issue, condition, or ailment. It is important that people wanting to self care have access to quality advice and information, at the right time, together with the right support. While there is a vast amount of medical information on the internet that can help patients make informed decisions about their healthcare, some information is of variable quality and intent. Seek help from a counsellor or a psychologist to choose a program more suitable for you.

1. Excellent recommendations💗 Thank you. Great post. I like the energy in your writing.

Thank you Suzette. I am glad you liked it. Moreover I liked that you agree with the concept of self care which is so important yet often overlooked. Thank you for stopping by today.

2. Love these! Such a funny coincidence that had me smiling because before even reading this, I booked a massage for Wednesday 😉

Ah I am so happy to hear that. We have to take care of ourselves. Good vibes all around you.

3. Margo says:

And there is the key – “suitable to you”. One size does NOT fit all, ever!

Yes. Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself as it produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence and self-esteem. Also, self-care is necessary to remind yourself and others that you and your needs are important too. Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

4. mysticdrill says:

Thanks for sharing. Self care is really important. Health is wealth.

I agree. While a little dose of stress is a healthy way to give us a nudge that we need to meet the deadlines or finish that overdue task, constant stress and anxiety can have an adverse effect on your mental and physical health. Smart self-care habits like eating healthy, connecting with a loved one or, practicing meditation cuts down the toxic effects of stress by improving your mood and boosting your energy and confidence levels. Thank you for stopping by today. I am glad you liked the post.

5. Lovely write-up. I strongly believe, treating yourself with these will definitely lift you’re mood and rejuvenate for the next schedule. Totally agree. I need to assign something for myself 🙂

Agreed Manohar. Life is a precious gift. So why waste it when we have the choice to have a more meaningful existence? Yes, you have a lot of responsibilities— fixing the dryer, mowing the lawn, paying bills. But it’s important to remember that taking care of yourself is also your responsibility. Little things like sipping tea while looking at the raindrops racing down the window glass, enjoying a bubble bath, or reading a book are essential for your daily happiness. While things like taking up a new hobby or learning a new language can make your life more purposeful by giving you a new reason to get up in the morning. Start living and stop existing should be the mantra. Thank you for stopping by today. I see you liked my insta post as well. Thank you.

6. I resonate that. We’re so occupied and swamped with the things, that leaves us in paltry to take care of ourselves and enjoy simple things, we look out for outwardly happiness. It’s always within. Thanks Garima for writing this. Yep. It’s me, who liked your Instagram story 🙂

7. iamvhardik says:

A great post with amazing recommendations to beat the stress. The post also made me realise not to spread myself too thin taking up too many activities in a small window.

I agree with you Hardik. Doing just one thing at a time helps you remember more, get more done in less time, de-stress, bring more attention to your work, and work smarter, instead of just harder. It’s worth the struggle a hundred times over.

8. Gulla says:

Your writing is pretty powerful

Thank you. I am glad you liked it. Thank you for stopping by.

9. I was in a dilemma on how to create me-time and this post was timely. I like how we can do one self-care ritual every day. Sometimes, the obvious is not so obvious to some of us 🙂

Thank you. I am glad you liked the post. Self-care, aka taking a little “me” time, is one of those things you know you’re supposed to do. But when it comes to actually getting around to it, some people are more successful than others. If you have a seriously busy schedule, it might seem impossible to somehow find extra time (HA!) to squeeze in self-care activities like practicing mindfulness, hitting the gym, writing in a journal, or getting enough sleep. But here’s the thing: The busier you are, the more important self-care becomes.

Way to go Lily. Glad you got inspired. Thank you for stopping by today.

10. Nice post
    Best regards

Glad you liked it. Self care is very important.

11. Navin says:

Great read…good tips. Self care is so important….both for body & soul…without it a person won’t function…though things could vary from Monday to Sunday…thanks for info…Garima!

Thank you Navin. I am glad you liked the post. Just a minute or two of deep breathing could relax you enough to give you strength to make better decisions after. Maybe the laughter club at the local park isn’t so crazy after all. Spend some time with a friend who can make you laugh until your stomach hurts. There’s nothing that gets those endorphins going faster than some feel-good time with friends. Get creative with how you spend your downtime, watch a movie with a happy ending, go window shopping, eat an entire bar of chocolate on your own, drink a large cup of tea with a good book, or treat yourself to a massage. Anything that gets you to stop overthinking and sweating the small stuff. Thank you again for stopping by.

12. judeitakali says:

This is so cool and helpful. Cheers G

Thank you Jude. Being good to yourself and respecting yourself ultimately leads to others treating you better as well. Putting yourself first is also about better self-esteem, and you taking care of yourself shows others that they need to, too. The concept remains simple, take time out for yourself, guilt-free, and remind yourself that the only way to live life well is to relax and enjoy the ride.

1. judeitakali says:

Couldn’t agree more, 😀

13. I love the schedule. Gives you something to look forward to each day while taking care of yourself. Very creative

Thank you.
      However, there’s a big gap between knowing how important regular self-care is and actually following through on making it a part of our daily life. And with so many of us living increasingly busy lives, it’s easy to accidentally let self-care slide down the priority list. I am glad you liked this list. Thank you for stopping by.

14. hmaxwell217 says:

I always set time aside just for me. When you have kids it’s so important

Yes indeed. Committing to self-care does take a bit of time and effort, but it’s well worth it, given that self-care supports. Thank you for stopping by today.

15. Dragthepen says:

Wow
    Great.👍 I haven’t had a serious weekly routine in a long, long, time. Thank you. Thank you this is something that I deeply need.💖

Glad you liked it. Self-care is a popular topic these days, but it is often poorly explained. Perhaps you keep seeing it mentioned in self-help books or magazine articles and yet don’t have a clear sense of how you’re supposed to add it to your life. It may seem wishy-washy or vague to you. Alternatively, maybe you aren’t convinced that you should practice regular self-care. Maybe you think your resources are better saved for working and for looking after others.

1. Dragthepen says:

Hi, thank you for your comment, but I do have a clear sense of how self care should be added to my life, but I just allowed life to get in the way. I just needed a reminder to get back on track.

16. Lovely post. You’re doing a wonderful job Garima. Best wishes,

Thank you for such kind words. It means a lot to me. Thank you again for stopping by.

17. emefasage says:

Great post. You’re too wise.😍😍😍

I am just a human trying to spread good vibes all around. Well a little selfish too 😉 😄

18. A4Albert says:

I would like to write a poem for you..Your blogs has caught my attention and in the process inspired me to write something for you….You’re pretty also so there’s that..lol

19. Georganna says:

Awesome! I love this post & idea. Thank you

Everyone I know could use a bit more self-care. The best way to do this is to implement small but important self-care habits every day. Thank you for stopping by to read and like my post.

20. A prescriptive that’s fun and easy to follow. Thanks, Garima.

21. hgf says:

Whats up very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing ..
    I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?
    I am glad to seek out so many helpful info right here
    in the put up, we’d like work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .