Why Your Mind Matters

Your mind is a computer. Your brain is the hardware. Your mindware is the software. You have unconscious and conscious mindware. Mindware processes the world. It contains thousands of programs. Many are created in childhood and become self-fulfilling prophecies.

Your unconscious mind is the master. Unconscious mindware drives 95% of beliefs and behaviours. Unconscious mindware processes of all the information you receive. It selects what you consciously recognise, react to and processes.

11,000,000 bits/second enters your unconscious mind. 126 bits/second goes to your conscious mind for action. There are 3 types of programs which filter your reality.

• Instincts – All humans share instincts, which have high priority over our perception and responses.
  • Preferences – We each define our own unique preferences for motivation, work style, communication, management and more.
  • Experimental – These programs filter our perceptions of our reality based on our learned/past focus and expectations.

We have the knowledge to shift our programs. When we shift our experimental programs, we can and so change our reality. We have the power to control our world, through our minds.

Here are 3 tips to shift your programs :

• Focus on What you Want – The mind does not process negatives. :I can’t lose this deal” is “Lose this deal” to your unconscious mind. Say “I will win this deal”.
  • Shuffle the Deck – Your unconscious mind sees what it expects to see, based on patterns. Change the way information is presented to see new trends & opportunities.
  • Ask Questions – Statements focus our unconscious on the subject. Questions activate our conscious mind to explore new insights.

1. KRITIKA says:

Wao. This is a great one. Thank you for this article. Love the tips. Going to follow. ☺🙂

Thank you Kritika. I am glad you liked it. Being worried, low, out of sorts, or just struggling to work up the energy to do things you used to enjoy aren’t just part and parcel of getting older they’re important signs that you’re not feeling as well as you could be. There are lots of reasons why our moods might change. But it’s important to realise that if you’ve not been feeling yourself lately, there’s support available. Thank you for stopping by.

1. KRITIKA says:

Yes, I agree. Our thoughts actually help a lot on this. The way we think changes our mood affecting out health. 😊 Welcome

2. sarthak2700 says:

I think the first point- ‘Focus on what you want’ is very important. You rightly said, “The mind does not process negatives”. The unconscious mind cannot differentiate between good and bad, or positive and negative. It just reacts on what we think. Therefore it is important to state our goals as a positive statement. Good post. 🙂

Thank you Sarthak. I am glad you liked the post. Life will begin to unfold for you as it is meant to be: all for your well being and for your happiness. When you’re not in control of your thoughts, the roller coaster ride you go through in your mind brings the same ups and downs into your life. These ups and downs are thought to be random, but actually, these are circumstances you didn’t choose. Thank you for stopping by.

3. Karrmick Fuse says:

Reblogged this on Cosmic Muse.

Thank you for the blog. I am glad you liked it.

4. This is so true. In the book “Think and grow rich” by Napoleon Hill. He says, subconscious mind has a strong influence on a person, as it drives him/her. Register a point in your subconscious mind, and it’ll stay there forever.

If I understand correctly from what’s written here, the mindware refers to subconscious mind. Isn’t it?

Pardon my naiveness.

Yes mindware is the subconscious.

The one true and only miracle is that we have been blessed with this wondrous ability to think. If you steady your thoughts, the uncontrolled sea which is your mind will begin to calm itself. When you are able to control your thoughts, they become more specific and not as random. Thank you for stopping by today.

5. So true Garima. It’s all the mind game, people say. Control it, and things will fall in place. Maybe, you should write something on how to control the mind. It’ll turn out well.

Quite rightly said Manohar. One of the best practices in reducing negative self-talk is the counter technique. Every time a negative thought comes to your mind, you counter it with the extreme positive counter-thought. For example if you have an important presentation and you think to your self: “I am going to embarrass myself in front of all those people”, immediately counter it with: “NO! I am going to be so good that the audience will applaud me for five minutes”. The truth will often be somewhere in between. Maybe I will write something on controlling the mind build. In the meanwhile you can read my post non developing a positive mindset: https://empress2inspire.blog/2019/02/13/build-a-positive-mindset/

1. A case of serendipity. I’ve got a presentation today, and it was smooth : )

Great. That’s awesome.

6. Poetpas says:

How can I reset mine?

Good question and I am glad you asked that. From what I have understood after reading books and listening to podcasts and webinar is that your first step in harnessing the power of the subconscious mind is to eliminate the thoughts loaded with negative emotions. You also need to stop the negative self-talk or at least make sure that it is not loaded with emotions. Your fears often tend to come true, especially when you are very emotional about them. And this is why negative self-talk could produce such harmful effects. Eliminating these negative thoughts, or countering them as soon as possible is very important step towards success. Hope this helps. Thank you for stopping by.

1. Poetpas says:

Thank you Garima. It makes a lot of sense. I’m glad I don’t have too many negative thoughts and emotions. Sometimes they can slip in the cracks though by circumstances beyond my control, whether is through the media or other people. Or by melancholy. I have my sense of humor tho to balance it out 😁 Thanks again 🙏

7. missionconcept says:

Interesting!

Yes it is. The subconscious mind is the powerful secondary system that runs everything in your life. Learning how to stimulate the communication between the conscious and the subconscious minds is a powerful tool on the way to success, happiness and riches. Thank you for stopping by today.

8. This really boils it down to the basics. Great information. I know with my dog and cat, they never hear the “don’t.” For our dog, saying “don’t bark” is just like saying “bark.” I never applied that to myself. I will from now on.

That is great Dianne. The key to any success is to focus on the positive, not the possible negative. It’s simply how our minds are wired. Eliminate that one four-letter word “Don’t” and you’ll start to achieve more of what you want in life.

9. I love your blog. I always learn something new that will benefit me in a major way. Keep up the amazing posts!

Thank you. I am glad you find my posts helpful. The Most Powerful Thing in the World is the Human Mind. There’s a reason that there are over 7 billion people on Earth. Humans are very adaptable to any situation and, in the grand scheme of things, we all function as one, single unit. Thank you for stopping by today.

10. Thanks for the post…for putting so succinctly on the subject of mind! Negative self-talk or thought Shud be stopped. However, It damages more when emotions are also attached.

You are most welcome Mahendra. Glad you liked it.

11. Soumya Sinha says:

Wow. this is really great..

Thank you Saumya. Glad you liked it.

12. charlypriest says:

You can loose a leg, an arm, and even though it obviously sucks it is worst to loose your mind. Mind the hardware for the body. You loose a leg, you can use your mind to keep the spirits up, fight through pain, and get a prothesis. The mind is key. You can use it to do great things, also to do great bad things. Hopefully….hopefully is a heavy word, but hopefully most people use it for good.

I agree. Our new role as visionaries, decision makers, and strategic informants means we can’t rely on any rules. There are more stakeholders, more complicated products, and faster market cycles. In this environment, elasticity is more important than ever. Thank you for stopping by.

No one taught us how to train our mind to live a meaningful life. But it’s never too late to train your mind to be strong and happy.

1. RPR says:

Yeah at our school days , we lacked all such topics and neither our surrounding were such.

13. Awesome article. It’s simple to understand and you have articulated it very well.

Glad you liked it. Matter and experience appear to us as qualitatively different; hence Descartes’s belief that mind (our experiential self) and matter are distinct and of different nature to each other. This is the philosophical tenet of “Dualism,” which asserts that the human mind is essentially immaterial and disembodied.