The “power of positive thinking” is a popular concept, and sometimes it can feel a little cliché. Being an optimist can be hard for some people and sometimes you just don’t know where to start with being positive. Here are a few pointers which you may find useful.
- Identify : First you really need to identify why are in a negative mindset. What thoughts do you have when you identify something as bad instead of neutral or good? Do you have certain beliefs in yourself?
- Gratitude Journal : You should write down at least 5 things you are grateful for everyday. I personally write whole list of things that I am grateful for when I feel like I’m in the wrong mood.
- Meditate : This will help you with overthinking. Meditation lowers your stress and can help you to be more positive. Meditating 20 minutes/day had not only an effect on your mood but also your body.
- Get Rid of Toxic : There are always things that you think about too much. Cut negative and toxic people out of your life. You don’t need them. This will make the biggest difference in your life.
- Surround Yourself : After you cut out toxic people and your negative past your should find more positive things to surround yourself with. I frequently unfollow people who don’t inspire me.
- Affirmation : To keep the positivity high you should continue to form a positive mindset through positive and motivation self talk. I personally love affirmation and use them a lot with my meditation.
Did you like the list. Do leave me a comment 🙂