A form of complementary and alternative medicine based on the belief that a vital energy flows through the human body. The goal of energy healing is to balance the energy flow in the patient. It is used to reduce stress and anxiety and promote well-being. Energy healing is being studied in patients receiving cancer therapy, to find out if it can improve quality of life, boost the immune system, or reduce side effects. Also called energy therapy.
Here is a list of well known energy medicine techniques :
- Reike : A Japanese technique for promoting relaxation and healing by working with your life force energy. It can treat minor ailments to major health concerns from colds to arthritis by releasing stress through laying on hands as well as distance healing.
- Qigong : An ancient form of Chinese medicine using physical postures breathing techniques and focused intention to heal energetic imbalances, prevent disease and increase vitality. It can treat chronic illnesses such as Parkinson’s disease, the effects of chemotherapy in cancer treatment, stress, low energy, trauma, depression and anxiety.
- Sound Healing : A practice used for thousands of years which uses a variety of sounds, rhythms and frequencies for healing made through vocal toning, drumming, tuning forks, gongs, hindu mantras, the didgeridoo, singing bowls and other instruments. It is best for anxiety, chronic pain, sleep disorders and PTSD.
- Healing Touch : Gentle, hands-on techniques, increase the flow of energy through the body’s different energy fields for relaxation, healing and trust-building. It is very good for stress, trauma, difficult emotions and effects of sexual abuse.
- Shamanic Healing : An indigenous tradition incorporating sacred practices of shamanic journeying, active dreaming, drumming, soul retrieval and ceremony for restoring balance and wholeness. Shamanic practitioners access healing energies and wisdom through spirit animals and allies for individual and community healing. It is effective for depression, anxiety, imbalances due to chronic illness, insomnia, trauma, addiction.
- Meridian Healing : A set of energy pathways in your body in which Qi (life force energy) flows. Used in acupuncture, acupressure and other wings of Chinese medicine, there are 12 such meridians associated with specific organs. It can treat minor ailments like lack of focus, irregular mood, lack of sleep, sore throat, muscle tension and stomach ache. Major illness can also be addressed, including migraines, thyroid disease, heart disease, stomach ulcers and nervous system conditions.
Categories: Spiritual Health