Eczema is a common skin condition that affects children and adults. It
is sometimes called atopic dermatitis. Eczema causes skin problems,
such as dryness, redness, crusting, cracking, blistering, oozing, or thickening of the skin. These symptoms may come and go, or they may
be there all the time.
Eczema usually is treated with ointments and creams, most commonly steroids. Steroids are an expensive and effective treatment but they do cause side effects if stronger doses are used for a ling time. Here are some natural essential oils for that eczema rash :
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil has antiseptic, anti fungal and antibacterial properties to relieve painful skin irritations and prevent infections.
- Lavender Oil – Lavender oil has antibacterial, anti inflammatory and anti fungal qualities which make it the ideal essential oil for treating irritating skin ailments.
- Peppermint Oil – Peppermint oil (best diluted with a carrier oil) and has pain relieving and anti inflammatory properties and is both soothing and calming.
- Chamomile Oil – Chamomile oil is known to have analgesic, anti inflammatory and antibiotic qualities effective for skin conditions such as acne, eczema, rashes and itchy skin.
- Rose Oil – Rose oil has antiseptic properties effective in treating dry and irritated skin.
- Geranium Oil – Geranium oil is another aromatic oil with anti inflammatory properties, which can help tackle and soothe eczema skin problems.
- Frankincense Oil – It has a pleasant spicy fragrance and is used as a tonic to rejuvenate your skin as well as being used to soothe skin irritations and sores.
Don’t scratch the areas of your skin that have eczema. Scratching can make symptoms worse. Use plenty of lotion every day. Take showers with warm or cool, but not hot, water. Use only mild, non-drying soaps.