You hear the same old weight loss tips over and over again: “Eat well and exercise.” Isn’t there more to it? Indeed there is! We reveal proven diet tips and fitness tips to lose weight, keep it off and stay healthy and motivated.
- Eat Breakfast Everyday – One habit that’s common to many people who have lost weight and kept it off is eating breakfast every day.
- Close Kitchen at Night – Establish a time when you will stop eating so you won’t give in to the last-night munchies.
- Choose Liquid Calories Wisely – Satisfy your thirst with water, sparkling water with citrus, skim or low-fat milk, or small portions of 100% fruit juice.
- Eat More Produce – Eating lots of low calorie high volume fruits and vegetables crowds out other foods that are higher in fats and calories.
- Go for the Grain – Choose whole wheat breads and pastas, brown rice, bran flakes, popcorn, and whole-rye crackers.
- Control Your Environments – Before going back for more food, wait at least 15 minutes and have a big glass of water.
- Trim Portions – Pull out the measuring cups to get a handle on your usual portion sizes, and work on pairing them down.
- Add More Steps – Get yourself a pedometer and gradually add more steps will you reach 10,000 per day.
- Have Protein at Every Meal and Snack – Try low-fat yogurt, small portions of nuts, peanut butter, eggs, beans, or lean meats.
- Switch to Lighter Alternatives – Whenever you can, use the low-fat versions of salad dressings, mayonnaise, dairy products, and other products.
Listen to your body. If something doesn’t feel right-you experience muscle cramping, develop chest pains, become overly fatigued or winded, feel thirsty, lightheaded or dizzy stop and, check it out. If rest doesn’t seem to relieve your concern, talk to your doctor. That way you can catch potential health problems early rather than risk injury and lose all momentum.