Self Love Practices

For many people self-acceptance is hard to come by on a good day. It’s tenuous, a glass with tiny cracks, at best. On a bad day, when you’ve made a mistake or two, don’t like how you look or feel absolutely miserable, your self-acceptance is in shards.

Fortunately, self-acceptance is something we can nurture. Look at it as a skill that you can practice versus an innate trait that you either have or don’t. Here are few ways in which we can cultivate self-acceptance :

• Write yourself a love letter.
  • Make a list of 10 things you’re grateful for.
  • Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers.
  • Re-read your favourite book.
  • Create a vision board for your dreams.
  • Have a pamper session and treat yourself to a manicure/pedicure.
  • Take a 30 minute walk in nature.
  • Take a long relaxing bubble bath.
  • Try relaxing yoga or an empowering workout.
  • Nourish your body with a healthy home cooked meal.
  • Create loving, positive affirmations for yourself.
  • Slow down, be present and mindful.
  • Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself.
  • Unplug for a whole day from any tech.
  • Meditate.

If you’re unconvinced that you’re a worthy person, keep the faith and keep at it. Keep practicing self-compassion along with the other suggestions. Most of us do not have direct communication from our deity of choice, yet we take the leap and trust that our God is true and real. The same goes for our self-acceptance. I first must think and do before I know.

1. Lovely write up Garima. First one cracked me up though 😉

Hahahhaha did you write yourself one?

1. Haha. Not really. The poetry I write is definitely for woman, one sided love albeit 😉

Ah unrequited love 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3. Yeah Garima. Either friend zone or as you mentioned unrequited. Well, Work in Progress I presume 🙂

🤣🤣🤣🤣taking work in progress to the next level.

5. Haha. True that. Most say, talks need not convey, but actions do. But, yeah. It happens. Poetry to the rescue 🙂

👍🏼👍🏼

2. KRITIKA says:

Would to implement the second last point. Thank you very much for this article. 🙂💕

Ah I wish I could do that too Kritika. I promise myself to minimise or stop using technology when I am home but here I am ironically typing on my phone 🤣

1. KRITIKA says:

🤣 I know. Have a great day 🌼😊

Thank you Luccia. We all need that love for ourselves first.

3. sarthak2700 says:

Your posts are very nice and helpful. I love the first point ‘write yourself a love letter’. It is truly the most effective action to generate self love. I also enjoyed the last lines. We trust God even though we can’t see god. Then we should also have faith in ourselves and in our ability to do things which are still unexplored. Thank you.. 🙂

Ah Faith is so important Sarthak. Have a Little Faith in Yourself Today. If you have faith, that means you have complete confidence or trust in something. You believe in a person or a thing without needing proof to validate your belief. For most of my life, I’ve felt that this is a dangerous position to put yourself in.

4. Robin Smith says:

Cooking good food is one that definitely works for me!

😃😃Anything that makes us feel better is good.

5. mcarten says:

What keeps me going is this saying” What good and perfect work he started in me, he will finish.” We have too look past this life, or we will end in utter defeat. So I cling to my hope.😊👍😎

Yes we all need some faith in life Carten. Isn’t it beautiful, Faith in the unknown.

1. mcarten says:

Oh yes, my eyes long for it. My heart craves it. My mind is overwhelmed with it. My soul desperately clings to it. My friend I can’t wait for grand surprise. 🥰 its going to alot of fun😊

Positivity..loving it 😍😍

6. For self-acceptance I also highly recommend the Emotional Freedom Technique!

Hi Alexandra, please share the details with us.

1. EFT is what is also known as Tapping. It’s a kind of healing that melds psychology with energy meridians. And you can do it yourself! Check out thetappingsolution.com. Like anything else that’s good for you, it’s best done consistently 💗

Thank you Alexandra. I will check this out.