These days it seems that everyone knows someone who suffers from imbalanced hormones. You can’t balance your hormones overnight but even small changes implemented over a long period of time will see your symptoms improve.
Here are some tips I hope you find helpful :
- Eat Real Food – The body can’t make hormones when it doesn’t have the proper building blocks. Consume enough high quality proteins, beneficial fats and nutrient dense vegetables to give your body what it needs.
- Part with Plastics – Many plastics contain endocrine disrupting chemicals like BPA. Stick with glass or stainless steel for cooking, baking and food storage and switch to a safe, reusable water bottle.
- Sleep – Sleep is vitally important for hormone balance, maintaining a proper weight and blood sugar regulation. Make sleep a top priority every night.
- Supplement Wisely – Once food, sleep and environment are taken care of, consider hormone helping supplements like Maca, Omega-3s, Vitamin D, Magnesium and others your doctor may recommend.
- Limit the Caffeine – Too much caffeine can wreck havoc on the endocrine system, especially if there are other hormone stressors involved too like pregnancy, presence of toxins, beneficial fat imbalance or stress.
- Exercise Carefully – If you are having adrenal or thyroid struggles, working out too much might make things worse instead of better. Start with light exercise like walking, swimming or light biking and work up as you see what your body can handle.