Diet, stress, and exposure to toxins take a huge toll on our bodies. Much of the food we eat, and the beverages we drink lower the body’s pH, and accelerate damage to tissues, which results poor health and premature aging.
Ordinary water does nothing to help. Today’s drinking water is laden with toxins, and treated with so many chemicals that it has been rendered a lifeless, tasteless liquid. Here is where alkaline water comes into the picture. Alkaline water has a higher pH level than does plain tap water, proponents say that it can neutralise acid in your bloodstream.
Here is a list of ways you and your family can benefit from alkaline water :
- Helps neutralise and release acidic waste, which encourages fat loss.
- Help neutralise lactic acid, which promotes faster recovery time after exercising.
- Helps boost immune system.
- Increases energy.
- Helps promote strong bones.
- Helps heal minor skin irritations.
- Promotes better, restful sleep.
- Helps skin stay soft and hydrated.
- Has sanitising properties that can be used in topical skin applications.
- Helps flush out toxins to promote a clear and healthy complexion.
- Fights free radicals that accelerate ageing.
- Eliminates the need for many cleaning supplies by sanitising surfaces with its germ-fighting properties.
- Helps reduce plastic bottle waste because it is eco-friendly.
- Cleans produce effectively by breaking down and washing away oil-based pesticides and insecticides.
When you start drinking alkaline water, normal side effects may include headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, a runny nose, and other flu-like symptoms. Also, your stool will likely be darker, softer, or more odorous and you may experience gas. These side-effects are a good sign, as they are directly related to the detoxification that your body is undergoing as the micro-clustered water penetrates deep into your tissues and expels acid waste and toxins that have accumulated in your body over time. Side-effects will subside once your body has become accustomed to the water, anywhere from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks, depending on each individual and the level of detoxification that the body needs to undergo.