Life has no CTRL-Z. Everyone makes mistakes and the busier you are, the more mistakes you will make. The only question is “Do you stay positive and move forward from life’s inevitable ups and downs?”
Here’s how you can learn to maintain positive thinking and benefit from your mistakes in the face of adversity :
- Letting the opinions of others control your life. When are you going to live your life your way? You can’t keep on blaming the situations, people. It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts. You have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.
- The shame of past failures. Made mistakes, hey, so what? Nobody is fucking perfect. In fact your past does not equal your future. All that matters is what you do right now.
- Being indecisive about what you want. Now that is fucking irritating. You will never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be. Make your decision to figure our what you want, and then pursue it passionately.
- Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you. Okay, I am guilty here but the time lost procrastinating hurts as hell. There are two primary choices in life : to accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them. The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the second best time is NOW.
- Choosing to do nothing. Oh Lord. Nobody is coming to save you, NOBODY. You don’t get to choose how you are going to die, or when. You an only decide how you are going to live, right now. Everyday is a new chance to choose.
- Your need to be right. Sorry to break it to you but NO, you can’t be right all the time and NO people won’t say YES to your bidding. Aim for success, but never give up your right to be wrong. Because when you do, you will also lose your ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
- Running from problems that should be fixed. Stop running. Face these issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive and love the people in your life who deserve it. They are the ones who are worth it, they are.
- Making excuses rather than decisions. Oh I hate people like these. Most long term failures are the outcome of people who makes excuses instead of decisions. Don’t be afraid whether a decision will be right or wrong, bloody just take a decision for crying out loud. Don’t just sit there and do nothing.
- Overlooking the positive points in your life. Oh gratitude is the way to living a healthy life. What you see often depends entirely on what you’re looking for. You will have a hard time ever being happy if you aren’t thankful for the good things in your life right now.
- Not appreciating the present moment. Too often we try to accomplish something big without realising that the greatest part of life is made up of the little things.
Finally, leave the past behind you, that has happened and you can’t change it. Focus now on the present moment and your own happiness. Choosing to be positive will open you up to a life of happiness.