Acne is a tremendously embarrassing and burdensome problem for most people. Many attribute their acne to oily skin, food allergies, or say it’s hereditary. But none of these are absolutes. Sometimes, all your body needs is the right nutritional balance and proper skin care.
Natural remedies can be just as effective as prescribed topical products. Possibly more powerful. Here are certain easy ways in which you can manage your acne without letting it go out of your hands :
- Gentle Cleansing – Getting rid of stubborn pimples, blackheads and whiteheads starts with thorough but gentle cleansing. Dampen skin with warm water and massage honey into face and neck. Rinse well and pat dry. Do this each morning and evening.
- Toning – Toning is an important step in proper skin care. It helps to remove any residue after cleansing and helps to restore the skins natural pH levels.
- Healing Masks – To hydrate and heal the skin, masks should be applied a couple of times per week. Yogurt, honey, cinnamon, essential oils and other ingredients help to hydrate skin and fight common causes of acne.
- Exfoliate Regularly – Clogged pores and dead skin contribute to acne. It is important to exfoliate properly to remove the buildup. Commercially available scrubs are ridden with chemicals that can further irritate skin.
- Spot Treat – Acne responds well to tea tree oil. It is used over the world as an antiseptic and to treat wounds. Like coconut oil, honey ad cultured milk products, it fights bacteria and fungi.
- Fight Bacteria – Holy basil and sweet basil essential oils have been found to fight cane caused by bacteria.
- Moisturize – Contrary to popular belief, acne prone skin still needs to be moisturised. Using topicals that focus on drying out the skin tricks the skin into producing more oil, thereby increasing the acne.
- Take Probiotic Supplement – Remember, fighting acne requires both external treatment and an internal treatment. Live probiotics support healthy digestion, immune system functioning and improves skin healthy by fighting acne.
- Eat Healthy – As part of the protocol to treat acne from the inside out, it is important eat foods that don’t case blood sugar spikes that lead to the production of insulin. Focus on leafy green vegetables, berries and clean protein.
Hope this helps.