Have you set goals in the past, only to fall short of reaching them? Are you looking for ways to make sure that your dreams come true, once and for all?
Just saying you want something isn’t really setting a goal. It’s a mere statement without action. It has no passion and doesn’t ignite your fire long enough to ensure you achieve it. So, how you set your goal matters affects whether or not you reach it. Here are a few tips which might be helpful in setting some smart goals :
- Procrastination is good. Procrastination is you asking to be taken care of. Pay attention and listen, or you’ll just keep sabotaging yourself.
- Understanding the why is more important than being smart. When the going gets tough, focusing of the why and not deadline & actions helps you get hard things done.
- Start with what matters most. Take a few minutes every morning to plan your priorities, then work first on what matters most. Go on, amaze yourself.
- Go slow and achieve more. Slow down and you’ll enjoy your work, be more effective, connect to yourself, see the truth of things, feel inspired and do a better job.
- Believe in yourself and never give up. It’s your determination and perseverance that see you through life’s inevitable obstacles and roadblocks.
- But know when to let go. Your goal is not to get everything done, that’s impossible. Just do your best, then let go and start again tomorrow.
- Time management is self care. Managing your time effectively allows you to achieve what matters to you and make space to enjoy life.
- Just get it done. There are a few shortcuts in life. Do it, learn to do it, get someone else to do it, find a way. But no excuses, just get it done.
- Always learn more. Whether it’s self knowledge, developing your skills, learning from your mistakes or gaining new information, learning always moves you towards your goals.