Excess belly fat is a common problem for both men and women. Unfortunately, it isn’t a problem that gets easier to manage as we get older. Indeed, after the age of 30 we start to lose muscle and, because we move less, gain fat. Thus, it becomes increasingly harder to lose belly fat.
Here are some effective ways to lose belly fat :
- High protein diet – This helps in controls cravings and build lean muscle.
- Soluble fibre – Soluble fibre like oats makes you feel full, this helps lose belly fat.
- Avoid alcohol – When we drink, our liver burns alcohol instead of fat, and this gets deposited around our belly area.
- Avoid trans fat – Consumption of trans fats leads to redistribution of fat around the belly even when the calorie intake is controlled.
- Avoid sugar – There is a direct link between consumption of sweets and increase in visceral fat.
- Take complex carbs – Refined carbs like fries, ice cream are stripped of all fibre and nutrients, which is not in case of complex carbs.
- Add coconut oil – Coconut oil contains fatty acids such as MUFA which boosts metabolism and increases energy levels.
- Apple cider vinegar – It contains acetic acid which causes lower body fat accumulation.
- Take probiotic food – Probiotics contain beneficial bacteria that reduces appetite and helps burn calories and fat.
- Exercise daily – Any form of activity which makes your heart rate go up will help you burn calories and fat.
- Strength training – Targeting different muscle groups in your body combining with cardio exercises is very effective in belly fat loss.
- Good night sleep – People who don’t get 8 hours of sleep tend to get hungry more often.
- Green tea – Green tea improves metabolism and speeds up liver’s fat burning capacity.
- Lower stress levels – High stress pleases a hormone called cortisol which in high levels can make us gain belly fat.
- Add pepper – Pepper has a compound called piperine which interferes with the formation of new fat cells in the body.
- Fish oil supplements – Contains fatty acids which helps breakdown fat while lowering additional fat storage.