Caffeine free drinks have become very popular since information started coming out about the adverse effects of caffeine. Caffeine comes from plants and falls into the group of psychoactive drugs because it stimulates the central nervous system. This stimulation makes you feel more awake and energetic but it also has many bad effects on the body, and that is why many people avoid caffeine and drink caffeine free drinks.
Here are options for a few caffeine free energy boosting drinks:
- Wheatgrass Juice – Not only is wheatgrass rich in an array of vital nutrients like calcium, iron, beta carotene, vitamins A,B,C,E and the list goes on, it is also good for the gut. Having just a shot is equivalent to eating two pounds of vegetables.
- Wild Blueberry Juice – Wild blueberries are shown to have even more antioxidants than their domesticated relatives. They also have improved anti inflammatory capabilities, cancer fighting action, and brain boosting power.
- Mushroom Elixirs – Scientific evidence in support of the wide and varied health benefits of medicinal mushrooms is mounting every year. For example, reishi mushrooms are high in flavonoids, full of cancer crushing potential, and have ever been used as a typical treatment in lesions, with great success.
- Nettle, Red Clover or Lemon Balm Tea – When it comes to health, your mind might immediately consider green tea, which is widely celebrated for its antioxidants. Yet when it comes to science backed research, the findings are lukewarm at best.
- Rose Hips – Rich in citrusy vitamins like A,E and C, rose hips are also losses with antioxidants. They also have host of other health boosters such as flavonoids, amino acids, minerals, and more.
Read more on positivehealthwellness.com