Do you consider yourself to be effective at work? Although many of us like to think that we’re 100 percent effective, the truth is that most of us have strengths and weaknesses that impact our effectiveness. Many of us could benefit from tweaking at least a few of our skills, in order to become even more effective.
Here are some important work skills that you should consider developing in order to get ahead at workplace :
- Sense Making – It is the ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed.
- Social Intelligence – It is the ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions.
- Novel & Adaptive Thinking – It is the proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is right to rule based.
- Cross Cultural Competency – It is the ability to operate in different cultural settings.
- Computational Thinking – It is the ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data based reasoning.
- New Media Literacy – It is the ability critically assess and develop content that uses new media forms, and to leverage these media for persuasive communication.
- Transdisciplinary – Literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines.
- Design Mindset – It is the ability to represent and develop tasks and work processes for desired outcomes.
- Cognitive Load Management – It is ability to discriminate and filter information for importance, and to understand how to maximise cognitive functions.
- Virtual Collaboration – It is the ability to work productively, drive engagement, and demonstrate presence as member of a virtual team.