All About Stress

Stress is what you feel when you react to pressure. Pressure can come from things like work, family, money, illness, or from an internal need such as wanting to achieve a goal, wanting to fit in, or the way you feel about yourself. Everyone handles stress differently.

Here are some common symptoms of stress :

• Change in Feelings : Feeling sad, edgy, irritable, anxious, or panicked, much of the time, blaming other people for bad things that happen to you.
  • Symptoms of Depression : Only seeing the down side of situations, feeling like things that you used to enjoy aren’t fun now.
  • Physical Ailments : Dry mouth or skin problems, loss of appetite or need to eat constantly, headaches, stomachaches, diarrhoea or constipation & trouble sleeping.

Here are some ways to lower the stress :

• Don’t Over Schedule Yourself – Leave room in your life for the things you like to do, for things that make you laugh, and for moments with friends and family.
  • Make a List and Ask for Help – Make a list of all the things that have to get done.  Decide which ones are the most important, which are less important and can wait, and which you can get help with.  Then work on them one by one.
  • Have Healthy Habits- Exercise, eat well and get enough sleep.
  • Relax – Take time to unwind and calm down everyday.  Try going for walks, reading, doing a craft, sitting and enjoying time with friends or family.  Follow the guide below to engage your relaxation response.

Reference : http://champsonline.org/tools-products/clinical-resources/patient-education-tools/patient-education-handouts

1. gifted50 says:

I loved being reminded of ways we can relieve stress, thank you.

Anxiety can trigger your flight-or-fight stress response and release a flood of chemicals and hormones, like adrenaline, into your system. … This can weaken your immune system, leaving you more vulnerable to viral infections and frequent illnesses. We might as well keep it away.

1. gifted50 says:

Yes indeed. An excellent reminder. Thank you.

Most welcome. Glad you liked it.

2. Omatra7 says:

Great article!!

Definitely be very careful with stress – my cancer doctors always lecture me about not being stressed… it can cause weakened immune and even contribute to cancer

Keep empowering yourself. I didn’t know you are seeing a cancer doctor. Stay happy and stay blessed. Stress, Illness and the Immune System. … When we’re stressed, the immune system’s ability to fight off antigens is reduced. That is why we are more susceptible to infections. The stress hormone corticosteroid can suppress the effectiveness of the immune system (e.g. lowers the number of lymphocytes).

1. Omatra7 says:

I only see cancer doctors because I had breast cancer, I am fine and ok though – cancer free now (knock on wood)

They did a full mastectomy and reconstruction… so they took literally everything and reconstructed my breasts. I will always have to see them now😏

They have to watch me, to make sure nothing comes back, or that I have new… and currently they are still checking me making sure everything is healing properly. I just finished back in July 2019.

I have the sweetest kindest oncologist, but he is always lecturing me about having stress.

Stress is very bad for the body!! My oncologist says it can turn on cancer cells, which I do believe.

I try not to have stress, but sometimes it is unavoidable. So when I am not having my stress I make sure I relax or take good care so that helps.

Laughter and meditation helps me a lot to unstress .

Life has stresses sometimes, but just have to be very careful with that.

I was lucky, they saved my life. So am very thankful, blessed and happy… I cherish life. ❤️

Thank you for asking. 🥰Hope you are doing well, staying healthy, not stressed, and staying safe! ✌️

You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story. God bless you.

3. Omatra7 says:

I commented but I don’t know where it went?

I am ok now – but I did have cancer – I had breast cancer. They did a FULL mastectomy and reconstructed my breasts.

I will always have to see them now… I just finished in July 2019… they check me make sure my healing is ok, and then I will always have to see an oncologist now.

They make sure they got all the cancer and make sure nothing comes back or nothing new starts.

My oncologist is always lecturing me about stress lol… life has stress though – you just need to be aware and then make sure you have ways to DEstress. For me that is laughter or meditation. That helps a lot.

Thank you for asking 🥰 I am very happy and blessed – they saved my life

I hope you are staying healthy, safe and well too!! ❤️ always love your articles!

3. Yes and fever for months for some people in extreme stress conditions.
    Making a list of problems and solutions/pro&cons work.
    Some daily comedy really does work too 😀😀

There are many different ways to manage stress, and some are more effective than others. What makes a stress reliever the best one for you? That depends on your situation, your personality, and your needs. The truth is that there are several “right” tools for any given job when it comes to stress relief, but some strategies carry more general benefits than others. When trying to decide how to manage the stress you face, your best bet is to become familiar with the most popular types of stress relievers, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and when you should use each of them.

Glad you liked it Rishabh. This post could come handy during quarantine.

4. Nice write up.Garima,I would like to add that stress is inevitable part of life and certain levels of stress(eustress) is essential for our development and progress.But one has to be very much vigilant about excessive effects of stress on human mind and body because in long run it will bring about change in levels of neurotransmitter (Either increase or decrease) which would invite many psychiatry illiness like schizophrenia, depression,mania, anxiety neurosis etc.l

Thank you Prakash.

5. Much needed during this time!

6. طيف says: