The coronavirus (COVID-19) is sparking anxiety across the globe. The virus has everyone making changes to their daily routines, washing their hands more often, practicing social distancing, and even quarantining themselves by working from home. All these changes can be overwhelming, but here are some simple steps to take to keep yourself mentally and physically healthy during the COVID-19 changes going on globally.
Healthy Eating Tips
- Put berries or bananas on whole- grain cereal or oatmeal.
- Eat or order a green salad instead of fries. Ask for fat-free or low-fat dressing “on the side” – and use only half of it.
- Drink water, fat-free or low-fat milk instead of regular soda or other sweetened drinks.
- Add flavor with herbs and spices, instead of salt.
- Use fat-free or low-fat mayo, sourcream, and salad dressings.
- Choose fruit for a snack or dessert.
- Grill, steam, or bake food.
- Don’t eat late at night.
- Use lean meats such as white meat chicken, lean ground turkey, or fish in place of beef or pork.