Eat Healthy During Covid Times

The coronavirus (COVID-19) is sparking anxiety across the globe. The virus has everyone making changes to their daily routines, washing their hands more often, practicing social distancing, and even quarantining themselves by working from home. All these changes can be overwhelming, but here are some simple steps to take to keep yourself mentally and physically healthy during the COVID-19 changes going on globally.

Healthy Eating Tips

• Put berries or bananas on whole- grain cereal or oatmeal.
  • Eat or order a green salad instead of fries. Ask for fat-free or low-fat dressing “on the side” – and use only half of it.
  • Drink water, fat-free or low-fat milk instead of regular soda or other sweetened drinks.
  • Add flavor with herbs and spices, instead of salt.
  • Use fat-free or low-fat mayo, sourcream, and salad dressings.
  • Choose fruit for a snack or dessert.
  • Grill, steam, or bake food.
  • Don’t eat late at night.
  • Use lean meats such as white meat chicken, lean ground turkey, or fish in place of beef or pork.

Reference : http://www.emro.who.int/nutrition/nutrition-infocus/nutrition-advice-for-adults-during-the-covid-19-outbreak.html

1. Great information, good food also helps improve our mood

Since good health adds to happiness, it is likely that healthy diets will also add to happiness, but a firm connection has not been established. As yet, there is little research on the relationship between nutrition and happiness. It is worth knowing to what extent our eating habits affect our happiness.

2. Dragthepen says:

Very important information. When i go to the market I see so many carts filled with junk food. I know people are eating because they are home and afraid, but putting on extra weight is just going to add another problem to a stressful situation.

True. Healthy eating is important for good immune systems

3. cyncoed says:

“Don’t eat late at night.” Ahh , my weakness ! I need to move the fridge further away …..a couple of miles should do the trick !

Make sure you last meal of the day is nutrient dense. Also the fact that you are having cravings is because you are not getting enough fibre in your diet. Try to incorporate 2-4 cups of vegetables everyday in your diet.

4. CattleCapers says:

Any suggestions for snacks that are not sweet but not just vegetables? Thanks.

Hmm well the reason why you want to snack is because your meals are not Nutrient Dense. Snacking is not always a good option. Start with incorporating 2-4 cups of vegetables in your diet daily and see if you still have cravings. Snack cravings are a result of inflammation in the gut.

5. This sounds like my regular diet 😊

Ah then you are making the right choices already!! Way to Go!

1. Thanks, I’m trying 😊

Keep it up…

6. Basically the same idea in terms of absorbing spiritual food online via people and whatever they share….like taking virtual vitamins to set whatever moods or thoughts in motion alongside being able to switch and control your own after longer lengths of interaction.

I can literally basically switch how I feel by pinging it through the screen here via the viewing of others and posting myself.

It’s really interesting and entertaining, like taking your emotions for a rollercoaster all day long. VR without the VR basically, just the R. 🤣

Hahhhahah yes well the internet does affect our moods considerably. One needs to be cautious of what they see.

1. Oh tottally which is why I am all for internet controls and rating systems on people online like you have on movies.

For example my material would be considered rated R 19+ so that only certain people can view it.

Which is also why I am all for keeping kids off the internet or creating a subnet just for kids which has only good stuff for them like Netflix kids does compared to just netflix.

Then as they get older or end up in whatever situation/state of mind the many other options of experiencing and form of community become available for them to experience online.

Since I know many people snap, go crazy or do stupid things due to what they experience online let alone the people who they mingle with.

Online like offline, if you get into bad a crowd?

They are gonna corrupt you, or at least try to like many other groups have tried back in the days when things like facebook were just beginning.

2. I just got home and even found the spot to increase my rating on WordPress, I set it to X…. now they just need an edit comment button in terms of when you comment on others.

I have this bad habit of expressing things only to later end up being all like, actually never mind I don’t care anymore. 🤣

Which once again ties into when I am left alone and not annoyed by others physically at home or government hassling me in terms of medical welfare?

Then there are no issues, but as soon as people are around me when I don’t want them to be around especially if they are annoying or government wants me to come down for a review or pay delays happen?

I begin taking bigger issues outside of my own and gas lighting society with them effectively teaching them one valuable lesson.

Just give Jordan his basic needs and stay out of the way unless you are coming around to learn or play.

Which should be easy for people to comprehend but apparently not for some.

Society needs to just leave certain people be in certain scenarios because where they think they are helping?

They are actually making matters way worse which is the key lesson I try to express to people, learn when to push and when to just focus on someone else instead.

Wow go Jordan 👍🏼