These diabetic superfoods are especially high in nutritive value and have other benefits besides just their nutrients. Most have a low glycemic index so they won’t raise your blood sugar as much. Superfoods contain those nutrients that are usually missing in a typical westernised diet, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium, fibre, potassium, and calcium.
Here is a list of diabetic superfoods for you :
- Beans – Pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, and black beans are extremely high in fibre, which binds glucose in the gut.
- Dark Leafy Greens – This include kale, collard greens, and spinach. They are high in nutrients and yet low in calories.
- Citrus Fruits – This includes lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruit. They are high in fibre and have plenty of vitamin C in them.
- Sweet Potatoes – These are high in fibre and vitamin A. They have a lower glycemic index when compared to white potatoes.
- Berries – They are high fibre foods that are high in vitamins and antioxidants.
- Omega 3 Fish – The best choice is salmon but you can also sardines, tuna, halibut, or mackerel.
- Whole Grains – These are high in fibre and contain many healthful nutrients.
- Nuts – Just an ounce of nuts will give you fibre, magnesium and vitamins.
- Fat Free Milk or Yogurt – These are not only high in calcium and vitamin D but they are high in protein and low in sugar.
Reference : https://diabeteslibrary.org/category/diet/