Non Dairy Milk Options

Lactose intolerance is an inability to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and some dairy products. Common symptoms include cramps, bloating, gas, nausea and diarrhea soon after ingesting a problem food.

So does that mean you cannot have milk in your tea or coffee anymore? Not at all. Here are some plant based milk options that you may find useful :

• Oat Milk – Adds creaminess to lattes and cappuccinos or pancake butter.
  • Pea Milk – A high protein base for smoothies and shakes
  • Soy Milk – Substitute for dairy milk when cooking or baking.
  • Macadamia Nut Milk – Add nuttiness to lattes, hot cocoa, and dessert recipes.
  • Cashew Milk – Pour over cereal or granola for a hint of sweetness.
  • Coconut Milk – Add to soups, stews, and curries or make ice cream.
  • Pecan Maple Milk – Decadent enough to drink by the glass, or splash into coffee.
  • Almond Coconut Creamer – A rich, velvety substitute for half and half.
  • Almond Milk – Simple and balanced, great for soaking overnight oats.

Reference :https://blow.bohion.com/demystifying-non-dairy-milk-infographic-scratchpad-by-good-eggs/

1. Thanks for sharing, very helpful.

2. ReverendHornibastard says:

I went to a fancy-schmancy, new-age restaurant in Austin not long ago. They had all kinds of health conscious choices on the menu.

My wife had some “meatless chorizo” for breakfast and tried to make me order some too. I declined to have meatless chorizo unless they had some dehydrated water that I could wash it down with.

I am not lactose intolerant so I also decided to stay away from the “sparkling” soy milk.

Life is too short to spend it eating and drinking things you don’t like. (But I will readily admit that the Pecan Maple Milk sounds bad enough for you to be enticing!)

But this blog post has inspired me. I will post a new item in the next few days entitled:

Eat Well!
    Stay Fit!
    Die Anyway!

Hahahhaha I will look forward to reading that post. Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your experience and inspiring title.

1. ReverendHornibastard says:

It is I who should be expressing gratitude!

Thank you for the inspiration!

My absurd post on healthy dietary choices has been posted. I forget to include credit for the inspiration you provided for my post but I will correct that omission soon.

3. jouyoz says:

Being lactose intolerant for over fifteen years now hasn’t been the best of rides. But I was delighted to discover soya milk which is the only brand I now use.
    I will begin to try some of these brands which you have published here. Thank you so much for sharing.

Most welcome. I understand the trouble with milk for lactose intolerant folks. But these should help.

4. ReverendHornibastard says:

Done!

5. Tried switching to oat milk a few years ago, lasted less than a year, lost too much weight without the fat!

Yes oat milk can help in weight loss
      Because it’s low in calories (130 per cup), fat, and sugar but high in protein and has fiber, oat milk is a great milk substitute if you’re trying to shed a few pounds.

6. Almond milk is the absolute best!!!

Although almond milk is not nearly as nutritious as cow’s milk, enriched products come close. They frequently contain added vitamin D, calcium and protein, making them more similar to regular milk in nutritional content. However, almond milk is naturally rich in several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin E.

1. That is good information to know. Thanks for sharing.

Most welcome