Lactose intolerance is an inability to digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and some dairy products. Common symptoms include cramps, bloating, gas, nausea and diarrhea soon after ingesting a problem food.
So does that mean you cannot have milk in your tea or coffee anymore? Not at all. Here are some plant based milk options that you may find useful :
- Oat Milk – Adds creaminess to lattes and cappuccinos or pancake butter.
- Pea Milk – A high protein base for smoothies and shakes
- Soy Milk – Substitute for dairy milk when cooking or baking.
- Macadamia Nut Milk – Add nuttiness to lattes, hot cocoa, and dessert recipes.
- Cashew Milk – Pour over cereal or granola for a hint of sweetness.
- Coconut Milk – Add to soups, stews, and curries or make ice cream.
- Pecan Maple Milk – Decadent enough to drink by the glass, or splash into coffee.
- Almond Coconut Creamer – A rich, velvety substitute for half and half.
- Almond Milk – Simple and balanced, great for soaking overnight oats.