Intermittent fasting is the process of cycling in and out of periods of eating and not eating. Although people do experience weight loss with intermittent fasting, it is less of a diet plan and more of a lifestyle choice to reap some incredible health benefits. It’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. Intermittent fasting doesn’t change what you eat, it changes when you eat.
Most notably, it’s a great way to get lean without going on a crazy diet or cutting your calories down to nothing. In fact, most of the time you’ll try to keep your calories the same when you start intermittent fasting. (Most people eat bigger meals during a shorter time frame.) Additionally, intermittent fasting is a good way to keep muscle mass on while getting lean.
Here is a snapshot of what happens in your body while on intermittent fasting :
- 8 -12 hours > Here your body is in the post absorptive state. Last meal is still in circulation in the body. Not optimal for fat burning.
- 12 hours > At 12 hours, your body is entering a “fasting state”. You are at a very edge of fat entering the optimal fat burning zone. Human growth hormone levels are rising to add in muscle growth. You are not yet really burning fat yet.
- 16 hours > At 16 hours, your body is in the fasted fat burning zone. Human growth hormone are high. Great time to exercise to lean muscle. You are just at the tip of the “fasting sweet spot”.
- 18 hours > At 18 hours, your body’s ability to burn fat is growing exponentially. You are well into the “fasting sweet spot”.
- 20 hours > By hour 20, your body is a fat burning machine now and your human growth hormone levels are skyrocketing and it is a great time to workout to build muscle.
- 24 hours > At 24 hours, your body has reached the peak of fat burning and the peak of the “fasting sweet spot”. You have reached the pentacle of fat burning.
Reference : https://www.libifit.com/3-fast-acting-intermittent-fasting-weight-loss-strategies/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_smartloop&utm_content=smartloop&utm_term=19531924