Facts About Walking and Jogging

There are almost countless health benefits to regular exercise, including heart strength, weight loss, and decreased insulin resistance.

Here are some facts about walking and jogging.

150 minutes is the recommended amount of exercise each week for an adult by the American Heart Association.

Sitting for 8 hours a day can affect your health negatively.

Both walking and jogging are excellent ways to add exercise to your daily life.

Start by walking 30 minutes per day and moving to a quicker paced jog to increase your fitness levels.

Walking promotes:

• Better sleep
  • Concentration
  • Energy Levels
  • Cardiovascular Health
  • Joint and Muscle Health
  • Weight Management
  • Lung Health
  • Stress Relief

Before jogging or walking, make sire you stretch your leg muscles to avoid injury. Upgrade your shoes as better running shoes can help reduce impact making your exercise more comfortable and reducing risk of injury. Walking on trails and grass creates less impact on your joints. Avoid sidewalks.

Target 10,000 steps per day.

Reference : https://bell-wellness.com/2017/05/benefits-of-walking-jogging-infographic/

1. J.SYS says:

Yes, walking is really a good thing. Most times I was walking, I felt good afterwards and also during the walk. I used to walk and run around a lot when I was younger. I recently started to walk around again. It really made a big difference. Sadly only temporary so far.

Walking is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health. Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. Its okay if you are not able to do 30 minutes, it’s a big achievement to be active.

2. Great advice, sadly I just ran myself into an Achilles injury, but hey I can still walk 😉

Light active dorsiflexion of the ankle until gentle stretch of Achilles after 4 weeks. Slowly increase the intensity and ranges of isometrics of Achilles within the range of the boot. Slowly increase passive range of motion and stretch on the Achilles after 6 weeks.

1. Oh maybe that’s where I am going wrong, I’ve been doing Yoga and heel drops + toe raises since it happened 8 weeks ago with no improvement lol, thank you.

Heheh Most Welcome.

3. Rambler says:

I started with a goal of 10K steps per day, I have reached an average of 17K per day.
    One thing I notice is that, it has not helped my lungs noticeably, however it has helped my appetite and also in keeping my joints fluid. I used to have stiff joints when I wake up, now it is gone.
    It has also helped me in increasing my water intake, which has helped a whole lot of other things.

Any tips on choosing proper footwear for walking?

Proper footwear can only be suggested by a podiatrists after careful checking of your feet.